Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Wimbledon - something a little different

Hi all .. I went to Wimbledon today to watch the tennis. It's only about 7 miles from me, so it's something I do most years. As well as the usual "action" stuff (most of which didn't turn out all that well), I found myself fascinated by the way doubles partners communicate with each other - so I spent most of the afternoon taking pictures of that, almost by way of a little project. This is one of the results.

As always, any comments are appreciated.

Cheers
    Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wimbledon - something a little different-doubles-legs-jpg.jpg  
    Mike Dales ARPS
    My website: www.mikedalesphotography.co.uk

Re: Wimbledon - something a little different

Who's leg are you trying to pull :lol: You just liked the legs.

I love it, especially that you only got the one racket in the picture. I can't identify the players from just the legs -

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Legs, Roger? Would I be attracted to those? :aureola:

For the record, the one with the black socks is Michaella Krajicek and the other is Agnieszka Radwanska.

Try saying that after a night on the beer

Cheers
    Mike
    Mike Dales ARPS

Mike,
    What?? No Serena? No Venus? No Maria or Anna?? Are you DAFT, man?
    Seriously, I rather like this one--it tells a pretty good story. You have taught me a lesson about making a photo say something--sometimes it isn't in the eyes. I hope this inspires me to add another dimension to my photography.
    John

Thanks John

People think I'm nuts but if I go to Wimbledon I actually prefer the outside courts (as opposed to the showcourts where you get Serena, Venus, et al). On the outside courts you can get right to the side of the court and get good close ups in a way you never can when you're restricted to a seat 100 feet away.

Mike
    Mike Dales ARPS

Thread Information