Wesley

Printable View

• 05-22-2006, 07:15 AM
    Alison
    Wesley
    I finally got a posed portrait of my son. It's not easy doing the mum bit as well as the photographer bit.
    As always your thoughts please (good or bad).
    TIA

INFO:
    Window light and an 11 watt ceiling bulb. No flash, no reflectors.
    Canon EOS 350D
    50mm 1.8 lens
    TV mode
    SS 1/100
    ISO 400
  • 05-22-2006, 04:07 PM
    stormrider
    Re: Wesley
    Nice shot ... there's some softness in the image, was that intentional? I think I would have liked to see the whole person sharp in this shot.
  • 05-22-2006, 06:32 PM
    Capt Len
    It might be a real shallow DOF that makes it look soft. I am not sure that is a good thing or not.

You have to love that smile.
  • 05-22-2006, 06:58 PM
    Alison
    I usually work in manual but wanted to see how I did in TV mode. It chose my aperture for me at 1.8!
    This was the only shot he let me get of him so there were no second chances to change to Manual and use a different aperture.
    I'm just pleased I got his face sharp :) He's a little whirlwind!
  • 05-22-2006, 07:16 PM
    stormrider
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Alison
    I usually work in manual but wanted to see how I did in TV mode. It chose my aperture for me at 1.8!
    This was the only shot he let me get of him so there were no second chances to change to Manual and use a different aperture.
    I'm just pleased I got his face sharp :) He's a little whirlwind!

f1.8 is pretty shallow and given your proximity to him when taking the shot, that'd do it :D

But yep, the face is sharp - in particular, the eyes! That's the good thing :thumbsup: