• 08-19-2004, 03:29 PM
    Photo-John
    Welcome, almo - New Gallery Moderator
    Ever since the new gallery went live, one guy has been on there all the time. He's posted a bunch of photos and tons of responses to other people's images. In fact, he's one of the only people posting responses. Since he's so committed to making the new gallery a friendly and useful place, I decided he should be the boss. Everyone please welcome our new Gallery Moderator - almo. Here's a link to his new moderator profile page:

almo's page >>

Please make almo feel welcome and help him out by posting more photos and replys in the new gallery. The gallery is really wonderful. It's got tons of great features and I intend it to become a serious source for fine photography. The more we all use it, the better it will be.

Thanks!
  • 08-19-2004, 03:55 PM
    shesells
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Ever since the new gallery went live, one guy has been on there all the time. He's posted a bunch of photos and tons of responses to other people's images. In fact, he's one of the only people posting responses. Since he's so committed to making the new gallery a friendly and useful place, I decided he should be the boss. Everyone please welcome our new Gallery Moderator - almo. Here's a link to his new moderator profile page:

almo's page >>

Please make almo feel welcome and help him out by posting more photos and replys in the new gallery. The gallery is really wonderful. It's got tons of great features and I intend it to become a serious source for fine photography. The more we all use it, the better it will be.

Thanks!

Welcome Almo! Even though I've never even been to the gallery, I guess I'll check it out now that your around. (newbie) That should be a fun job for ya.
    ~Kit
  • 08-19-2004, 11:36 PM
    gahspidy
    Welcome Almo, I have seen your posts and threads and seems to me the job went to the right person. :) I spend lots of time here at the Critque forum as I like it alot and have learned so much from everyones comments and critiques. But I will be making an effort to share my time over at the new gallery. See you there. . . .
  • 08-20-2004, 05:40 AM
    Old Timer
    Welc almo
    Welcome to your new job almo. Hope it will be a rewarding experience for you. Some of us old timers are a having a hard time converting to the New Gallery (old dogs/new tricks). We have gotten kind of comfortable here, however I for one will try and spend more time over there and try and be a better contributor. Just took a stroll through your gallery, some very nice work. Good luck with your new assignment.
  • 08-20-2004, 01:59 PM
    mjm
    are moderators paid? since this site obviously makes money off of the adverts...
  • 08-20-2004, 04:06 PM
    Lara
    Um...no. Moderating is voluntary. The moderators, especially on this forum, give unselfishly of their time.