Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

''we are gonna need a bigger boat''

I shot this lone boat in Long Beach today sitting next to the mamath Queen Mary..CC appreciated.

εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

MB1

Re: ''we are gonna need a bigger boat''

Nice color and composition.

I'd crop some off the bottom (up to remove that bottle floating in the water) to get a much squarer format and tighter composition.
    No, I DON'T need that.

Amateur

Interesting photograph, I would crop it as well though. Do you have any photos that have both boats? Or maybe the smaller boat with the reflection from the Queen Mary in the water? I feel like that would make for an interesting photograph.
    Feel free to edit and post any of my photos as part of your critique.

Nikon D60
    Nikkor 18-55mm
    Nikkor 55-200mm

My Photos

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

MB, Thank you. I really debated weather or not to clone or crop out that bottle and in the end i thought it added to the scene, but having cropped it, it does look better.

Nick, I wish I did have a photo of the Queen Mary along side it. Did not think of it at the time and for that I would have needed my 10-20mm that I did not have at the time. I do think it is worth a trip to go back and get it though.

Here is the edit. Thoughts?
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Thread Information