The wave

Printable View

• 10-19-2013, 08:01 PM
    hminx
    The wave
    DSC_3597 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Trying a bit of street stuff, I'm having difficulty inserting images for some reason and linking to flickr is about the only thing that seems to work.
  • 10-20-2013, 04:57 PM
    Greg McCary
    Re: The wave
    Pete street photography is the hardest for me. I think the shot is well composed but really misses with a lot of interest. The secret I think is to catch someone in an odd place or doing something out of the ordinary. Something to catch the viewers eye and make them think beyond just a look. A picture should hold the viewers attention.
    The best way to learn is find some street shooters you admire and study their work. Try different angles and crops than the norm.
    William Eggleston and Tuna are my two favorite street shooters and good luck.
  • 10-21-2013, 12:08 AM
    hminx
    Thanks Greg, I guess the major part of a street photo is the narrative in the image and I think the tight crop has diminished this here. It's all well and good the photographer knowing what's going on but if that's not obvious then the image fails as a story.
  • 10-27-2013, 07:31 PM
    GB1
    Ha .. good capture Pete. There's a lot of negative space above their heads, but I think the shot's a success.

G
  • 11-06-2013, 05:20 PM
    Darrell C
    HA! I thought it was an ocean wave