On the water

Printable View

• 02-03-2014, 09:33 AM
    zoelav1221
    1 Attachment(s)
    On the water
    I want to thank the birds and the fisherman for being still during this 5 exposure HDR shoot.
  • 02-03-2014, 02:16 PM
    llewpics
    Re: On the water
    Very pleasing and calm colors. The mirroring effect of the 2 birds adds to the image. I like the fisherman s well. I quite like the non-agressive HDR here as well. I think there is too much space on either side of the pier. Maybe a tighter crop to play with? Thanks!
  • 02-04-2014, 04:11 AM
    hminx
    Have to agree with llewpics here especially about the crop, the dense growth on the right to go and leave just one of those seats on the left. As is this is a top shot well done.
  • 02-06-2014, 08:43 AM
    CLKunst
    Hey there Zoe, I had to look at this one more than once before I could decide what to suggest. I am a big fan of centered and symmetrical photos if they are done well, which this is, so if that's what you were going for you nailed it. But I think hminx and llewpics are on to something with the crop suggestions. Cropping out the thicker woods on the right and tightening the negative space in the sky would make this shot even stronger.
  • 02-08-2014, 11:28 PM
    ksbryan0
    As the others have stated, nice job with the PP, and an overall pleasing comp. As for the crop, I'd leave the entire left side as is, but crop in from the upper right until the dense foliage is mostly gone, making sure to keep the trees to the left of the dense patch. Well done!
  • 02-13-2014, 09:50 PM
    pawn
    Like someone said, I would like the picture a bit narrow, showing the leading lines.
  • 02-27-2014, 03:32 AM
    shaddisi23
    Can baptize be acclimated as apologue for redemption ?