Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Warrior Princess

I had a shoot today at a local park, with a young lady who wanted her as a warrior princess. Here is one I played around with, using a black and white action in one level, then erasing part of it to mask back in her hair, eye color and the blue of her headband. Not sure if I particularly like this or not, myself, but it is interesting. Opinions on the mixture of black and white with color, as well as composition, are welcome. (Oh, I used a Powershot Pro 1 for this, at ISO 50. Astonishingly sharp lens on this little camera. Wow.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Warrior Princess-_mg_0989copy2.jpg  

Re: Warrior Princess

She's no Xena, but the effect of color and b+w is very nice. The sword bothers me, but a headshot with color and a black and white background without a lot of noise/distractions might have been more interesting.

Re: Warrior Princess

I like the use of B&W and color, although you probably should touch up the spots where the green is still there at the edges of her hair. With her red hair the green really sticks out. Her eyes look like they're grey so did you post a version without eye color back in?

I think that the picture would have made more catching if she was glancing at the camera. I think it would have made it more intense and warriorlike.

I do like the framing as well.

2k2s

Thread Information