Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Seen Better Days

These are some shots that I took while I was at White Sands Missle Range in New Mexico. I was there for the annual Bataan Death March to honor the WWII vets that actually had to walk it, and spend at least a year in POW camps.

This area is normally sealed off, so I took advantage of it while I could. Let me know what you think. These buildings are from the 1930 era. As the title says, I think they've seen better days.....

Ken
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, camera in one hand, a beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Re: Seen Better Days

Ken,

Great shots and what a history to those buildings. Having them in black and white adds to the effect greatly for a great shot.

Nice shooting,

Jared

MB1

Red filter.

If you are going to shoot B&W filters make a big difference. The problem I see with your shots is that the sky is completly washed out. A red filter would likely take care of that nicely.

Black and white was the way to go with these old remains. Were there any other interesting opportunities while there?

Dudley

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye
    Black and white was the way to go with these old remains. Were there any other interesting opportunities while there?

Dudley
    Thanks for the comments to date. A red filter, I'll have to go get one. After I do, I'll post some other sky shots to hopfully show improvement.

I did a bunch of shots of the actual march, and while I was waiting took these. There was still alot of area that we didn't have access too. Hopefully in a few days I'll have some of the other photos posted here.

Ken
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, camera in one hand, a beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Thread Information