• 04-16-2007, 08:32 AM
    HowLowCanYaGo
    Ultra-wide angle (stictched photos)
    This was just something to play with. I took it out in a large retail parking lot..in total I think there were four or five pictures, all merged together.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/6/...super_wide.jpg

Again, I know the image is nothing special...it was more for show.
  • 04-16-2007, 08:36 AM
    Hickeroar
    Re: Ultra-wide angle (stictched photos)
    What software did you use for this? My wifes XTi came with some software that does a good job of creating panoramics so I'm just curious if this is the same stuff. I sure wish I could find that installation CD again...
  • 04-16-2007, 08:39 AM
    HowLowCanYaGo
    I edited the panorama myself in CS2. There are several programs that can do the job for you (much better than I can). http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pan...hing_Tools.htm
  • 04-16-2007, 09:20 AM
    Hickeroar
    I dunno, looks like a bang-up job to me... I don't see any obvious seams or anything...
  • 04-16-2007, 09:43 AM
    freygr
    I did my first Panorama using Photoshop 5LE. Then I found the panorama stitching software and tried them all and ended up purchasing Panorama Factory form Smoky City Design, which I feel is the best of the Windows programs at that time (2000). And it has vastly improved since then.

I still use Photoshop 5LE by the way.
  • 04-16-2007, 11:18 AM
    Mr Yuck
    1 Attachment(s)
    Seems well executed, though the subject is not the most exciting in the world.

Mind if I post an edit? It's not the best quality ever, because it can be at the size of the smallest side at the largest, but you get the idea :D
  • 04-16-2007, 11:42 AM
    HowLowCanYaGo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Yuck
    Seems well executed, though the subject is not the most exciting in the world.

Mind if I post an edit? It's not the best quality ever, because it can be at the size of the smallest side at the largest, but you get the idea :D

Mr Yuck, have a larger version? that one is pretty small.

Thanks for the comments, folks
  • 04-16-2007, 11:48 AM
    Mr Yuck
    I dont, but since you have the original, you can do it pretty easily.

Copy the original and paste it next to it in an image twice the width of the pano, and flip one of the copies horizontally, then merge the layers once they're lined up into one image.

Resize entire image to square format (just shrink the long side to the length of the short side.)

Then use a distort filter in gimp or photoshop to convert the image to polar coordinates, and crop to taste.
  • 04-16-2007, 04:30 PM
    GB1
    Looks great. Only part that looks funny are the two places in the sky where the clouds don't quite look right (right at the 1/3 and 2/3 inflection pts). If you can get this right in tests than I'm sure you could do it in other places like the grand canyon, etc!