Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Bridge over river...

BTW: I got a "real camera" a Minolta SLR, w/28-105mm. This picture isn't from it. However, I took the same area with it. Haven't had them developed yet though. There is no such thing as blue or clear water in georgia by the way . I know this sucks, but I am looking for suggestions, so I can do better.
    DSCN1052 (411k image)

Re: Bridge over river...

I don't see this title being that fitting. The bridge isn't really that prominent of a subject point. That being said, I'd recommend cropping a large portion of the bottom off, and maybe giving it a color adjustment. I believe it would help,

Nice shot, just a few thigns you can change,

Jared

I can see how it can be an interesting scene to capture, however I'm not sure what you want to present here. The rail bridge is a great subject, but following up with jar_e, it's not the focal point, so we lose what I think you want us to see. In landscape shots, I found it best to learn and respect the rule of thirds (foreground, middleground and background) before learning to break them and get a creative shot.
    Keep shooting and repost pics soon!

Thanks for your imput. This was shot with my digital. The pics from my SLR will be developed sometime this week, and I shot many more with it. The bridge is impossible (unless I had a boat) to center. You guys answered the real question though. I was wondering more about composition, and subject. Although I haven't seen the film versions yet, I like the feel and options on it much more, and use my digi as a "tester" more now, and for macros. At least until I get a macro lens .

Very nice colours here but it is lacking in anything to capture my interest. As Jared said the bridge is almost lost in the foliage. Worth a return visit if it's near where you live.
    Tom
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

I too think you should crop the bottom a little.
    Post the shots from the SLR when you get them....

Tell me about clear water and the south east right now!!! All of this rain has realy made a mess of things around here in Greenville SC too.

Keep shooting.

Thread Information