Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Twin cranes, a homeless sink & sunny reeds!

Hows that for a random selection! I've been posting quite a lot recently so apologies if anyone's getting tired of yet another thread!

The first shot was taken looking across the Thames towards the old Battersea Power Station. The second was one of those slightly surreal urban street scenes that appeal to me for some reason. Finally, an almost abstract looking view of reeds by a pond on Hampstead Heath glowing in afternoon sunlight. I'm not sure if I chose the right crop for this, and you need to see it large really but I thought I'd put it up anyway.

Thanks for looking,

matt

Re: Twin cranes, a homeless sink & sunny reeds!

The light bouncing around in those reeds is phenomonal. I don't know what choices you had for cropping but this one is fine.
    ----------------------------

matt, I never get tired of looking at London.
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Wonderful shots! I love the grafitti in the second one. The black and white is definately awesome, and great subject. The composition is great!

Nice shooting,

Jared

Hi Matt,
    Nice shot! I especially like shot 2 which has a good combination of elements. It is also very humorous as well.
    yoyo

thanks for the comments.

Kelly - if you're tired of London, you're tired of life, well - according to Dr Johnson anyway!

Chunk - I was wondering if perhaps I should have cropped even tighter on the reeds, and made the third shot all about the play of the light. I'm not sure if losing the tips of them and the water would be a good idea though. I've got a portrait version of this shot as well which I've not really had a proper look at yet.

regards,

matt

EDIT:

Might as well post the portrait version of the reeds, that way if anyone has any thoughts on which is better, or how it could be improved, they can let me know.

Thanks

Last edited by mattp; 04-18-2005 at 08:47 AM.

Thread Information