Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Getting Ready (NSFW)

This is from a boudoir shoot back in February. On the fence about the composition (tighter/wider)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Getting Ready (NSFW)-web_jje6102.jpg  

Re: Getting Ready (NSFW)

I looks a little out of focus. I also think she blends into the BG to much. You should have hit her with more lights, I guess. I also think. She is to close to the top of the frame. A big crop to the bottom.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

The focus is good, may be that the processing coupled with the compression is making it look soft in the small version ( a lot of film grain added in post). The crop was the main concern. I wanted to convey the the clutter on the vanity and I really liked the texture of the material in the lower foreground, but wasn't sure if it was worth including. Here's an alternate crop I was toying with:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Getting Ready (NSFW)-web2_jje6102.jpg  

The second one is much better.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

I was going to say the first one look to centered, when I saw the second version

the focus seems to be on the drawers, not on her .. ? maybe that's what you wanted ?

I think that I would like to see her right arm involved. In this shot she looks to be armless, unless you're going for the Venus de Milo look.

GB1

Jet, I like the second post Ok, though I still feel she's too close to the top edge of the image. This has an unusual feeling to it, like, you don't know what's she's doing with her back to you. This is good! I would add a burnt orange/ sepia cast to it.
    GB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

I prefer the second crop too. You can still see the clutter well enough. The hidden arms seems a little odd but pretty good despite that.

Thanks for all the feedback!
    Regarding the arms, we tried it both ways and I still prefer this version better. I probably have another shot with more room at the top - now that the foreground is excluded, I could switch images and maybe tone the other a bit warmer.

This is why I love this place. When I'm creatively blocked and don't know where else to take an image, you guys always come up with solid suggestions to get me back on track (or convince me to ditch the damn thing and head in another direction ).

Thread Information