Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Trinity

photo gallery Mod. starriderrick's Avatar

Trinity

Very strange...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trinity-trinity.csc_1268.jpg   Trinity-trinity.csc_1283.jpg   Trinity-trinity.color.csc_1290.jpg  
    Last edited by starriderrick; 07-19-2007 at 04:14 AM.

Re: Trinity

starri......that second shot is the one that appeals to me. I think that one fits the title best. The tones are pretty much on, and the angles of the shadows really make the shot, IMO.
    John

MB1

Agree

Quote Originally Posted by swmdrayfan
    starri......that second shot is the one that appeals to me. I think that one fits the title best. The tones are pretty much on, and the angles of the shadows really make the shot, IMO.
    John

The first photo only illustrates a place, the second one is a good artistic image that makes the viewer think a little bit (as in, "I'll have to try something like that." ). The last image is better than the first but not as thought provoking as the second.

drg

The second, the b/w, image is the one that is the most eye grabbing for me. The white light in the right area of the pic does detract from the weight of the piece and moves the viewers focus away from what I believe is the intended image.

I would like to see several more angles of this structure for the interplay of the shape and light, particularly the strong central directional light in these photographs. The way the shadows radiate out from the 'tristand' is a strong element to exploit should you work with this location again.

Glad you shared these.
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

photo gallery Mod. starriderrick's Avatar

Thank you for the great tips. This location is close to home, I'll stop by again.
    I appreciate the feedback.

Thread Information