Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Variety Pack

Variety Pack

Here's a couple photos from my past couple of weeks at the Delaware College of Art & Design. I'm lovin it so far, it's hard to pick only five to put up here.

All done with Minolta Maxxum 4 35mm, developed and printed in the darkroom.

Thanks for your critiques!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Variety Pack-img002.jpg   Variety Pack-img001.jpg   Variety Pack-img003.jpg   Variety Pack-img004.jpg   Variety Pack-img005.jpg  

Last edited by F-15_Flyer; 02-24-2007 at 10:19 PM.

Re: Variety Pack

picasa? Google wont let us see it, I'd recommend uploading them to these forums or the gallery on this site.
    <><
    Flickr
    --Rebel T2i
    --Sigma 10-20mm
    --Canon EF-S 55-250mm
    --Tamron 17-50mm F2.8

Let's give that a try. ;)

Ok I'm bumping this cause I want a couple critiques at least. They ain't that bad are they? ;)

there they are.

#1 and #2 are very cool. Love the framing, very unorthodox.

#3 good use of lens flare, but something or someone in the trees to focus on would have been nice imo.

#4 good motion composition and shadows, but I'm not crazy about this lens flare.

#5 has good framing, shows a feeling of desertion and lonliness in the city. It would be paired well with a color version that has more activity.
    <><
    Flickr
    --Rebel T2i
    --Sigma 10-20mm
    --Canon EF-S 55-250mm
    --Tamron 17-50mm F2.8

Thank you, Mr. Yuck.

For #3 I was kind of going for a 2D type of composition, which is why it's all kind of silhouetted.

#4, I don't like the lens flare either, at the time I couldn't find my lens hood, I have it now though. Maybe I'll try to clean it up in photoshop.

#5, that's actually a pretty good idea, I think I might try that and post it back here when I can find time.

Thanks again.

GB1

Hmm... My favorites are the two bottom shots. I like the shadows esp but wish they could be darker. Up the contrast a bit on this one and see. The city street is a neat shot, but I would have included more of the foreground street as it is interesting.

GB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Porter's Camera Store Employee

#'s 1 and 4 are my favorites.... I love the contrast on both of them. There's a little piece of dust on number 1 that I usually wouldn't really like, but on this image it seems to help it. The only suggestion I would have on #4 would be to crop in a little tighter on the subjuect and its shadow. The background seems to clutter up the image, although I do enjoy the vanishing point in the distance.

I would have to say the first photograph in this bunch is my favorite. It's got a good angle on it, and nice exposure. 2 & 3, Don't capture my interest much. In 2, I'd say it's because there really isn't anything to rest my eyes on. 3, I'm not sure. The composition in 4 is to me, the best of them all. However, the exposure and lens flare compete pretty fiercely with my love of that composition. 5...crap...I can't remember what it looks like. I liked it, that's about all I can remember. Sorry

Thread Information