Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Trail to the bay. . .B&W

Well , here is another of my lonely, desolate, simple b&w landscape shots. Not sure why I like these and try to go for them. I just like the mood and mystery they invoke. I like this but feel like I may be biased towrd my own work. Wondering if anyone else thinks the shot holds enough intrigue, feel comp or whatever to be worthy of an archived print. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trail to the bay. . .B&W-lndscp0404-2804xweb.jpg  
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Desolate

Quote Originally Posted by gahspidy
    Well , here is another of my lonely, desolate, simple b&w landscape shots. Not sure why I like these and try to go for them. I just like the mood and mystery they invoke. I like this but feel like I may be biased towrd my own work. Wondering if anyone else thinks the shot holds enough intrigue, feel comp or whatever to be worthy of an archived print. Thanks
    I agree with your view on this. It's well done, and really comes across as a place you'd rather not find yourself in. It has a feeling of having no hope (to me anyway) because it represents a path that's bleak, and you can't really tell where it goes. And of course, it won't work in full color.

Nice shot.

B&W looks great here, and the sky adds a lot to the feel. This might work really well as a series of prints in a display - didn't you post some others before? This one looks just a little flat and a little dark on the ground - maybe that's my monitor though.

Not bad, but I want to see a little of that bay, now that you've told us it's there. Even just a hint of it would suffice. Maybe bring a step ladder with you on these shots, and just hop up there so we can see where the various trails lead us.
    D200 = Digital F100
    I have achieved nirvana.

We just can't have nice things... darkrainfall's Avatar
    I like this... though the dark spot on the right side kind of bothers me. This is a typical shot by you from what I've seen of your work thus far. You really are drawn to the desolate landscape shots, but you make them work.

Thanks for the comments. . .
    and PJ not a bad idea about the step stool, may give that a try but it also might help if I stood up while shooting ;) as I do like the Dogs Eye View.

gary

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    B&W looks great here, and the sky adds a lot to the feel. This might work really well as a series of prints in a display - didn't you post some others before? This one looks just a little flat and a little dark on the ground - maybe that's my monitor though.
    Yes , I have posted a few others of this type and genre..
    no probably not your monitor, I have a tendency to make these b&w landscapes a bit dark. . .but I don't think its flat has pretty good contrast IMO

Thanks for your time to comment

gary

Thread Information