Trail to the bay. . .B&W

Printable View

• 04-12-2004, 03:26 PM
    gahspidy
    1 Attachment(s)
    Trail to the bay. . .B&W
    Well , here is another of my lonely, desolate, simple b&w landscape shots. Not sure why I like these and try to go for them. I just like the mood and mystery they invoke. I like this but feel like I may be biased towrd my own work. Wondering if anyone else thinks the shot holds enough intrigue, feel comp or whatever to be worthy of an archived print. Thanks
  • 04-12-2004, 11:29 PM
    mikishots
    Desolate
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gahspidy
    Well , here is another of my lonely, desolate, simple b&w landscape shots. Not sure why I like these and try to go for them. I just like the mood and mystery they invoke. I like this but feel like I may be biased towrd my own work. Wondering if anyone else thinks the shot holds enough intrigue, feel comp or whatever to be worthy of an archived print. Thanks

I agree with your view on this. It's well done, and really comes across as a place you'd rather not find yourself in. It has a feeling of having no hope (to me anyway) because it represents a path that's bleak, and you can't really tell where it goes. And of course, it won't work in full color.<p>Nice shot.
  • 04-13-2004, 06:00 AM
    another view
    B&W looks great here, and the sky adds a lot to the feel. This might work really well as a series of prints in a display - didn't you post some others before? This one looks just a little flat and a little dark on the ground - maybe that's my monitor though.
  • 04-13-2004, 07:06 AM
    PuckJunkey
    Not bad, but I want to see a little of that bay, now that you've told us it's there. Even just a hint of it would suffice. Maybe bring a step ladder with you on these shots, and just hop up there so we can see where the various trails lead us.
  • 04-13-2004, 08:42 AM
    darkrainfall
    I like this... though the dark spot on the right side kind of bothers me. This is a typical shot by you from what I've seen of your work thus far. You really are drawn to the desolate landscape shots, but you make them work.
  • 04-14-2004, 12:13 AM
    gahspidy
    Thanks for the comments. . .
    and PJ not a bad idea about the step stool, may give that a try but it also might help if I stood up while shooting ;) as I do like the Dogs Eye View.
  • 04-14-2004, 12:17 AM
    gahspidy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by another view
    B&W looks great here, and the sky adds a lot to the feel. This might work really well as a series of prints in a display - didn't you post some others before? This one looks just a little flat and a little dark on the ground - maybe that's my monitor though.

Yes , I have posted a few others of this type and genre..
    no probably not your monitor, I have a tendency to make these b&w landscapes a bit dark. . .but I don't think its flat has pretty good contrast IMO

Thanks for your time to comment