A Tough Life

Printable View

• 02-24-2009, 08:14 PM
    Abiciriderback
    1 Attachment(s)
    A Tough Life
    Yep our doggies (2 Scotties and a Husky) have a real tough life. This is Malcolm one of our Scotties. Trying different processing here not quite what I was hoping for but pretty close. Any suggestion, Tips on processing, composition or any other area greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for looking

Ray Still
  • 02-25-2009, 12:32 AM
    Frog
    Re: A Tough Life
    I like the tones and everything except that I think you cropped a bit too much at top and bottom. He's lost the tip of his ear and his lower paw and pillow are too cramped.
    Just a skosh more for both
  • 02-25-2009, 04:56 AM
    LeeIs
    Ray, such wonderful tones!!! I can never get my b&w's to look like this!! I agree with frog about the tightness of it and that it needs more room around the dog, especially up top and tthe bottom. But overall the message is effective. yeah very tough life ;-)
  • 02-25-2009, 08:27 AM
    tilwehavefaces
    I agree with the cropping being too much up top...but the tones and shadows are stellar!
  • 02-25-2009, 10:32 AM
    MB1
    I assume you planned this because it is just too good for a casual shot.

The crop doesn't bother me, I too like the tonal range of the image.

2 thumbs way up.
  • 02-25-2009, 10:44 AM
    Ridgetop
    I like this one. The wistful look into the distance on the dog's face is priceless. If possible, I would have left the dog's ear on, but otherwise very well done.
  • 02-25-2009, 11:43 AM
    DLB1973
    Nice job! Really like the composition. Poor dog is missing part of his ear though.......
  • 02-25-2009, 10:15 PM
    draymorton
    Lovely shot. Great expression, comp, and conversion. PP is just right.

Excellent work.
  • 02-26-2009, 07:56 PM
    Abiciriderback
    Thanks guys for the input and CC. This was actually a non planned shot Malcolm lays on top of the Leather chair looking out one of the Bay windows and lucy the female Scottie lays in the seat part of the chair. The crop is tight but this was about the best I could do. Going to see if I can rework it some. Thanks again for looking and comments

Ray Still