Tonight's Moon

Printable View

• 04-14-2014, 07:58 PM
    Lava Lamp
    1 Attachment(s)
    Tonight's Moon
    Just took this. Not something I usually shoot, but curious what you think.Attachment 92904
  • 04-15-2014, 07:18 AM
    chasingkt
    Re: Tonight's Moon
    I'm new, so don't take what I say too seriously. :) I like it -- it's eerie. I would have positioned the moon just a tad higher though. Cool shot!
  • 04-16-2014, 02:41 AM
    hminx
    It is sorta different Lava, the black ring around the moon's outline bothers me slightly but the composition's interesting, the moon looks like its wearing a big hairy moustache .
  • 04-16-2014, 08:39 PM
    GB1
    Pretty neat lava. Looks like the start of a good horror flick. Like the composition a lot. A little grainy and processed-looking: did you have to do a little work on it? The border of the moon seems a tad soft, maybe you used too long a shutter but still a good shot.

G
  • 04-17-2014, 07:48 AM
    Lava Lamp
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GB1 View Post
    Pretty neat lava. Looks like the start of a good horror flick. Like the composition a lot. A little grainy and processed-looking: did you have to do a little work on it? The border of the moon seems a tad soft, maybe you used too long a shutter but still a good shot.

G

Thanks for the comments. I bracketed the shots and layered one over the other. It was the only way to expose for the clouds and the moon. One of the shots resulted in a blurry moon, which you can see the edges of. I did sharpen it a little and boosted the vibrance slider. It's a little weird, but what I was aiming for in five minutes of photoshop.
  • 05-16-2014, 08:11 PM
    DMG
    I like this. I'd maybe have the moon slightly higher :) But it's cool looking to me.