GB1
    1 Attachment(s)
    Titleless
    Comments welcome.

gb
  • 01-02-2012, 08:30 PM
    llewpics
    Re: Titleless
    I think it is an intriguing photo. It is one of those where you could think a story around. I like the light and the unusual angle.
  • 01-03-2012, 10:17 PM
    GB1
    Thanks llewpics. I personally feel it works better with the water cropped off, but I wanted to present it in its regular form for critique. This may make a decent location for a model shoot, too.

PS - here's another version. This one's an HDR, but not sure if there's a significant difference.

http://www.gregbulla.com/Photography...pped2_1000.jpg
  • 01-04-2012, 04:11 AM
    baldemort
    Nice idea and makes you think about what's behind the image and it's message. May need a boost in contrast and the horizon seems off?
  • 01-04-2012, 10:07 AM
    Neous
    i like the second picture as it introduces another diagonal line, the HDR is well done
  • 01-04-2012, 10:13 PM
    GB1
    Baldamort - I see about the contrast boost! Its colors are subtle, but maybe too much so. The tilt I left in intentionally, for as Neous pointed out, it seemed to add something.

Neous - yeah, I think that tilt makes it a bit artsy. happy you like the HDR effect.

G
  • 01-05-2012, 12:41 PM
    Didache
    Certainly the diagonals and skewed angles give the image a dynamism. Personally I prefer your original crop - it puts more emphasis on the top of the picture where I think the main interest is.

Cheers
    Mike
  • 01-05-2012, 10:45 PM
    GB1
    1 Attachment(s)
    Thanks Mike. You indirectly point out something I mentioned below: it's a whole different picture w/o the water (forces the attention to the top). Here's the crop. :)