Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

[Gorge Trail] River View

Hi all,

Ok. This is the creek that runs down the canyon we are hiking up. I wanted to use the tripod for a long exposure to smooth out the falling water, but the rain was raining. I'm kind of cavalier about letting my camera get wet and stuff, but not that reckless. Next time with the tripod...

TIA,
    Tim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Gorge Trail] River View-dsc_4522gorgetrailriverviewsmall.jpg  
    Samurai #17 |;^\

Re: [Gorge Trail] River View

Tim,

This seems like a very nice area too shoot, very mystic feeling with that moss. My one critique however would be it seems to be getting a little over exposed in the bottom left with the white water, but other than that, great shot!

I also like this shot. My only critique would be that it looks too sharp at least on my monitor.
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

Thanks Leels and jared,

I agree with both your comments. I moved over to shooting completely in RAW, and I'm on the learning curve as far as RAW work flow goes. One option when importing a RAW file is choosing sharpening level (as well as white-balance and exposure). So, I'm learning. I try and leave things to the camera defaults. However, I'm using PaintShop Pro, which doesn't do this quite well. Ergo, I think I break down and get the Nikon Capture View.

I also took a number of shots of that pool, and I'll look to see if there are any better exposed.
    Thanks for the comments,
    Tim
    Samurai #17 |;^\

Thread Information