Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

The Cutest Girl I Have Ever Met ~ Tania Z.

Hello everyone, my name is John, I am an experimental photographer =)

This is Tania, shes likely to be the cutest girl ever

#4 #5

Constructive C & C welcome

Sorry about the small pictures, got bigger ones here

Artistically Scientific Side of Things

Please allow me the opportunity to share about my experimental work.

As an artist, my work is about expressing a person’s character using impressions generated from photos and words and piecing them together to form a bigger picture.

Rather than on a per-picture basis, kindly consider my work through an overall point of view.

The full length of my experimental work can be found here

I would be grateful for any feedback at all as they are valuable for my experiment’s progress. Thank you =)

Re: The Cutest Girl I Have Ever Met ~ Tania Z.

These are nice pictures of Tania, John. Tania can provide good facial expressions and body language. I had a look at you experimental stuff too only to find more of the same without anything really new or interesting; but definitely very cute pictures of the cutest girl ever.
    But with Tania there is loads of potential with a little more original approach.
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Nice set, I really like it.

How can I be lost
    If I've got nowhere to go?

Sony a55 16-50mm 2.8 ssm Minolta 50mm 70-300 dt 5.6

n8

To be honest, I'm curious what the experiment is.
    mostly Nikon gear

Feel free to edit my images for critique, just let me know what you did.

I looked at the rest of your work on this, I liked the way you made and chose many of your exposures and lighting conditions, and the hues you chose to use were nice. One thing particularly bothers me though - her eye color seems unnatural, like its either colored contacts or edited saturation and pupils/catchlights. They also seem large, but she might just have large eyes.. There were a couple that you included which the focal plane was too far back and the subject was jumping forward out of focus. Too many super closeups of the eyes, though that's my stylistic preference.

# 1 is excellent, beautiful expression and face. 2 and 3 are very good, . In 4 she looks like a nervous child and in 5 she looks maybe a bit ditzy, and a little posed in both.

Ahh I see its your first post here. Welcome to the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Overbeyond
    These are nice pictures of Tania, John. Tania can provide good facial expressions and body language. I had a look at you experimental stuff too only to find more of the same without anything really new or interesting; but definitely very cute pictures of the cutest girl ever.
    But with Tania there is loads of potential with a little more original approach.
    haha thank you

hmm ... interesting, how may I convey greater originality ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson L. Sparks
    Nice set, I really like it.
    thank you =)

Quote Originally Posted by n8
    To be honest, I'm curious what the experiment is.
    well .. the experiment is a sort of personality collage. Its a bit related to psychology as its about emotions and how we express them.

The theory is that each of us are unique and individual is because we all express the same emotions differently and that is what makes us different from one another.

I hope this makes sense for you haha

the point of me getting feedback is that i want to know wheater this makes sense or im just crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Anbesol
    I looked at the rest of your work on this, I liked the way you made and chose many of your exposures and lighting conditions, and the hues you chose to use were nice. One thing particularly bothers me though - her eye color seems unnatural, like its either colored contacts or edited saturation and pupils/catchlights. They also seem large, but she might just have large eyes.. There were a couple that you included which the focal plane was too far back and the subject was jumping forward out of focus. Too many super closeups of the eyes, though that's my stylistic preference.

# 1 is excellent, beautiful expression and face. 2 and 3 are very good, . In 4 she looks like a nervous child and in 5 she looks maybe a bit ditzy, and a little posed in both.

Ahh I see its your first post here. Welcome to the forums.
    haha yeh, she is using contacts and lashes to enhance her eye size

yes, I am really sad when my photos go out of focus, the moment is lost there =(

I also realize that the subject shows the most natural expression when shot within the first 5 seconds the pose was made =/ sometimes i fumble and miss them

hehehhe in asia ditzy = acting cute XD

Quote Originally Posted by pansy789
    :thumbsup:
    :thumbsup:
    thank you =)

Can You Wrap Her Up And Send Her To Me?

Great Pictures, Though I Would Have Been Obsessed With Those Eyes More~Nods~

They Are Like Alien Eyes And Require Hundreds Of Shots Of Them! LOL
    There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. ~Ansel Adams

No photographer is as good as the simplest camera. ~Edward Steichen

Every time someone tells me how sharp my photos are, I assume that it isn't a very interesting photograph. If it were, they would have more to say. ~Author Unknown

I'm Just A Poor Photographer In A PSP World

Quote Originally Posted by RoxyRNAB
    Can You Wrap Her Up And Send Her To Me?

Great Pictures, Though I Would Have Been Obsessed With Those Eyes More~Nods~

They Are Like Alien Eyes And Require Hundreds Of Shots Of Them! LOL
    lolz no but you can come visit her in Asia XD

hahahahah eye exploration, that sounds interesting ...

Love your photography ideas! As I have been researching things about photography I was really inspired of what you had shared in this post.

John - if thats the experiment, why is it that you used the same scene pose as you did with other girls?

Quote Originally Posted by SHbaker11
    Love your photography ideas! As I have been researching things about photography I was really inspired of what you had shared in this post.
    Thank you for your kind words =)

What might you be searching for ?

John - if thats the experiment, why is it that you used the same scene pose as you did with other girls?
    To establish a standard =)

John, I noticed that every one of your posts has been contained within this thread. The common practice of photo critique is to critique at least 5 other photo's per every photo you put up for critique. Try offering your critique in other threads.

*edit - I mean per thread, not per photo.
    Last edited by Anbesol; 04-28-2011 at 10:41 AM.

John, I noticed that every one of your posts has been contained within this thread. The common practice of photo critique is to critique at least 5 other photo's per every photo you put up for critique. Try offering your critique in other threads.

*edit - I mean per thread, not per photo.
    Alright, thank you =)

Junior Member Master Kraftsmann's Avatar

I love brunettes, but I also love blue eyes. So this one really got me. Hahah. Good shots!

Lovely shots of a stunning model

Thread Information