Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Bugatti

Bugatti

Forgot to write down the year, but I believe it was 1935. Could be wrong though. Comments/critique welcome.

Ray
    Reseda, CA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bugatti-bugatti.jpg  

Nice angle. Nice car too, of course! Can't think of anything that bothers me on this picture. Must be a good shot then :-)

Cheers,
    Frank
    Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard drive?

lumbering along at a decent pace...
    I like it! Those types of closeups that give you the essence of something (in this case, a car) are always intriguing.

Ray,
    I like this . The perspective, lighting, angle, etc, This is Bugatti coming at you "in your face"Being this is a critique forum, though, if I had to say one thing it would be that I wanted to see slightly more of the car behind that great grill. A tad more DOF. But I do think this is great as is. Good one
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Wow!

Great Photo Ray...
    Love the lines and the color too! And that angle!
    You have a lot of good compositional elements going here!
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

good one

neat photo! i also like the lines, the angle... and the red badge in front that really draws my attention. i am not sure whether i would want to see more of the car in the background... would be cool to have another shot with more dof (as mentioned below) to compare against this one to see.

however, i really enjoy looking at it too!

good one

neat picture! i like the lines, the angle, the closeness... and the red badge in front really draws my attention. i am not sure whether i would want to see more of the car in the background... would be cool to have another shot with more dof (as mentioned below) to compare against this one to see.

i really enjoy looking at this photo.

Sweeeeet.

That thing got a Hemi??

D200 = Digital F100
    I have achieved nirvana.

Thanks everyone for your comments. And gahspidy you're right, it does leave you wanting to see more of the car. That's the effect i was looking for. I'll have to go back to the museum this week and snap a few more pics. This was my favorite car out of all the classics on display.

Ray
    Reseda, CA

not a thing

I would change...you maximized the ebauty of the vehicle by shooting fromt he angle you chose...you turned a beautiful classic car and represented it in a very classy and striking shot...well done Ray!
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

We just can't have nice things... darkrainfall's Avatar

Very nice. *smile*

This photo is great, I really like the fact that you were trying for an effect and were very successful; when I look at the picture I want to see more of the car, but that is what you wanted and it is what keeps me interested. The reflections on the red emblem are slightly bothersome, but nothing to really worry about. Good job *smile*

Thread Information