Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    Archangel Photography

A test "Shot" in the middle of a test "Shoot"

Greetings

I haven't been here for some time but I hope that everybody is doing great.

I was doing a test shoot on a project and I did some candid shots at middle as well.

This is one of them. I kind of like it but however something is missing in it...or at least that' how I feel. I don't recall any digital enhancement or cropping on this photo however it's possible.

Please feel free to share your feelings about this one. Thank you.

Cheers

Misha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A test "Shot" in the middle of a test "Shoot"-janelle37.jpg  

learning member
    Hi Misha

This is a great shot ! The space where the girl is looking is just right and i don't think any cropping is needed .
    IMO there is nothing missing in this shot !

Greetings
    james

I too like it, I think like James that her look/direction is just right, and I like her expression. Purely quality-wise, this is beautiful as well, wonderful colors and clarity. It seems a little sad in some way I can't quite put my finger on...
    Take care,
    Eva

the only thing that doesn't quite keep me totally focused on this the angle or positiing of her shoulders and back...it makes the body look out of proportion with the head...just my two cents...other than that--- I think you have an amazing ability and talent for capturing less than conventional standards of makeup and beauty and making look like it should be the standard... nicely saturated colors as usual and textures as well...
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

I like it as well and don't feel anything wrong with it to the point that is a distraction. i see what Natalie is seeing but does not bother me as much. I like the colors, her expression and angle of her head, but i really like the crop on top of her head. I feel it is very good and effective. Was this a Gothic style shoot as she looks to be ready perhaps for the role of a vampire ess
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Thread Information