Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Delicious

Delicious

Just wondering what you guys think about this picture, those are northern crowberries and they are ready by the end of august. This year they were really big and tasty Unfortunately I don't have the EXIF info so I can't give any detail
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Delicious-kr%E6kiber-m.jpg  
    Last edited by Pippi; 11-18-2004 at 12:39 PM.

Re: Delicious

Is it that boring??? Well, maybe this is just another cliché photo :/

When I saw this photo. my eyes popped. I love the close-up detail and how you really get into your subject. The color is good and the shallow depth-of-field deffenitly makes it a great photo. I love it and couldn't tell you why more people aren't commenting Maybe they're just intimidated ;) Just kidding, but really, it is a great photo.
    If we are gonna be
    that city on a hill, we have
    to be a diverse city. - tobyMac.

If someone cares for the details:
    Aperture: f/4.0
    ISO: 100
    Focal Length: 11.7mm
    Exposure Time: 0.0125s (10/800)

And thank you so much for the comment and I am glad that you like it But I like all comments - the one who point out the downsides are even better because they tell you what you can do better.

I like this photo, and i think the white to the top right of the pic gives good balance to it....I'm a little distracted by the three berries at the front of the pic, the more i look at the photo the more my eye gets dragged down towards them and off the edge.........

The composition is good however, and there is an almost zig-zag effect with the berries leading you in to the image and to the top right to the white, which is effective, maybe if i saw more of the bottom three it would hold up better.

I'd love to see more of the white/grey grass that we get a glimpse of to the bottom left..............not necessesarily in this photo, but it would hold appeal for me in some way (i like the crispness of it)...have you any other shots of this plant? It's quite like heathers we get here in Ireland (but without the nice fruit!)

hope i'm making sense.......

cheers
    anew.

I just saw it! :P

The composition and color rock! Its a very eye catching image.

I'd try sharpening up that middle berry, I bet that would straighten out those three below. maybe burn the edges a bit to bring the focus in towards it also. I'm still trying to make up my mind about burning edges, but I've seen some very skillful examples here and there.

It's an idea.

I love this image. It is so appealing to the senses. Wish I could touch, taste and smell those berries.
    Excuse me while I run out to the produce stand...
    ~Nina~

Seb

Quote Originally Posted by Pippi
    Just wondering what you guys think about this picture, those are northern crowberries and they are ready by the end of august. This year they were really big and tasty Unfortunately I don't have the EXIF info so I can't give any detail
    Hello,

Good shot. I just love the strong colours contrast and your composition. This picture have an especially lively feel about it. I couldn't quite explain it (well maybe it have to do with the remarkable level of details in the foreground...) but I like for sure.

I think that I would have prefered the same composition with a little more dof but either way, it easily draws (and keeps) my attention.

Seb

Intermediate member bobbythebandit's Avatar

I can almost taste the juices ! yum yum licking my lips and if a pic can do that it has to be good !!
    Bobby

Thank you all for those comments - I am especially glad that I managed to deliver how juicy and tasteful those berries were. But they do not grow on this white/grey grass, the green plant is the one growing those berries (probly not a good english ). I can't remember if I have some other pics of this grey thing but I'll look into it.
    About those bottom three - well, if I had included them then there would have been some other berries at the bottom so... But maybe a bit more DOF could have saved this problem, then they wouldn't have distracted so much.
    I gotta try burning the edges, get to know photoshop better.
    I found two pics of this "grass" thing - maybe you'll get a better idea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Delicious-birki-og-mosi-m.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Pippi; 11-24-2004 at 03:15 AM.

Just so's you know, I'm not really a deft hand with the burning. Hodgy is much better at this than I, but a for example.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Delicious-attachment.jpg  

Pippi,

thanks for showing some other pics of the grey grass, I especially like the first one.........i think the grey would make some great close up detail photos in that light and strong contrast, but then i'm more in to details than landscape per say............

thanks
    anew.

Thread Information