Sunset Jetty

Printable View

• 07-27-2005, 09:04 PM
    DocH
    2 Attachment(s)
    Sunset Jetty
    G'day All,

One more for this week. This is the sun rising over the jetty in front of where I was staying in Dover, Tasmania (Read "End of the World"!!). I like this image because of the colours, the low clouds and the textures. This is as it came from the camera except using clone to remove the B@#%^Y date stamp (hate that thing) from the right hand corner. I then cropped it down, I'm not sure which I preffer of the two.

Greg
  • 07-28-2005, 05:38 AM
    Yoyo Szeto
    Re: Sunset Jetty
    Hi,
    I have a dreamy and peace of mind feeling when viewing the photos. I prefer the second one if I have to choose. Nice work.
    yoyo
  • 07-28-2005, 06:19 AM
    Lara
    Hi Greg

You should be able to turn off the date stamp no?

I like the first of the two better, but something in between the two with levels might make the photo pop a bit more.

I tried a little adjusting of the horizon (perspective), levels, and usm with your photo, (the first one) and it did make a difference. At least to me ;)
  • 07-28-2005, 04:59 PM
    DocH
    G'day Lara,

Thanks for your comments, I have been struggling with getting the right amount of cropping. What does usm stand for, I'm not familliar with this acronym.

The date stamp thing is due to my wife turing it on when we take photo's of the kids and I forget to check it when I take other photo's. You don't know it's on until you view the photo on the PC.

Greg
  • 07-28-2005, 05:03 PM
    Lara
    usm...unsharp mask. Sorry about that. ;)

Oh, I gotcha about the time stamp!

It's a lovely photo, and it caught my eye. I wish I had one as nice.