Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

bubbles,birds and buildings

Took this in Boston at the Gathering...the birds against the bright sky and flowy clouds and the different layers of glass from the globes---I thought it made for a good shot...taken with the g500 (point and shoot.... 5MP) in BW mode...

All critiques and opinions welcome
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    Took this in Boston at the Gathering...the birds against the bright sky and flowy clouds and the different layers of glass from the globes---I thought it made for a good shot...taken with the g500 (point and shoot.... 5MP) in BW mode...

All critiques and opinions welcome
    I really like this one nat. It if definitely unique! I can't think of a thing you would/could do to it to make it better in any way. Wonderful shot.

Betty
    "When you aim for perfection you discover it is a moving target".

- George Fisher -

penny and betty? do you guys think it's too dark? it's not quite a silhouette but it is...only thing that I wondered about...thnaks for looking and liking and the encouragement

and betty I owe you some critiques---I think you have a real eye for this and I really love your enthusiasm...

and Penny- I see your photography is starting to reach another level (hope that sounds right) kinda like Ray's it was here then it went to there and his images have changed in a pretty amazing way and I see oyurs starting to do that which is so cool. I just would love to see more BW ( i think you have a gift there that's a bit unused)
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

I like it alot. I do not think it is too dark.

What strikes me is the sky, and the birds near total blackness. IMO the sky is the subject, and the birds/spheres are the "spice", you know? Just my opinion. GREAT shot.
    A good craftsman never blames his tools.

penny and betty? do you guys think it's too dark? it's not quite a silhouette but it is...only thing that I wondered about...thnaks for looking and liking and the encouragement

and betty I owe you some critiques---I think you have a real eye for this and I really love your enthusiasm...

and Penny- I see your photography is starting to reach another level (hope that sounds right) kinda like Ray's it was here then it went to there and his images have changed in a pretty amazing way and I see oyurs starting to do that which is so cool. I just would love to see more BW ( i think you have a gift there that's a bit unused)
    A tad too dark but not so much that I can't enjoy it! I love it. Thank you for the nice comments too! Please feel free to check out anything of mine.
    "When you aim for perfection you discover it is a moving target".

- George Fisher -

I like this one as well , Nat. I do think it is a bit dark, but nothing you could'nt boost up a bit in photoshop. Great composition and definetely a Natalie signature shot.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

when boosted up

you see a WHOLE lot more of the drippy bird turds too many to clone out LOL
    thnaks for your kind words
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

nice qoute...

It reminds me of this pic and the fact it was taken with a point and shoot and most of my images that were better came from by Minolta ---not the Nikon (maybe I should start reading the manual )

thnaks for taking the time to look
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Not bad, but too much clutter; I'm overwhelmed by all the different elements and the clear backgroud doesn't help either. The composition is good, but the pigeons don't do it for me.
    A shot without the pigeons and distracting background against an interesting sky would have had more impact in my opinion. I would like to see a more abstract shot, instead of a "pigeons on a lamp" snap shot, because that's kinda what it is.
    Just my $0,02

Thanks for sharing

I have to tell ya...

I'm always hesitant to read what your replies are but I learn a lot from them...you will never be accused of not being honest

I appreciate your thoughts on this one and it's a shot that can easily be reshot...so I will tack it to my to redo list... Thanks for your thoughts they were worth more than two cents
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

We just can't have nice things... darkrainfall's Avatar
    I like this shot, it's very different and interesting. The black and white gives it an old movie feel imo. And, as said before, it definitely is a Natalie signature shot.

I'm always hesitant to read what your replies are but I learn a lot from them...you will never be accused of not being honest

I appreciate your thoughts on this one and it's a shot that can easily be reshot...so I will tack it to my to redo list... Thanks for your thoughts they were worth more than two cents
    Then you probably don't want to hear my comments either.

You caught a good shot here that many of us would have walked by. I have to agree with the "too cluttered" feel but my solution would be to crop out the lower 1/3 or 1/4 to an almost square image. I like the birds.

Good work..you are giving us a lot of stuff to think about.

Thread Information