Sunrise and Fog

Printable View

• 02-22-2006, 08:55 PM
    julsoph
    1 Attachment(s)
    Sunrise and Fog
    Okay, this one is definitely iffy for me...but I'll put it out there anyhow. This was taken in FL also, as we were leaving for our drive, at sunrise.

Emily
  • 02-22-2006, 10:40 PM
    CLKunst
    Re: Sunrise and Fog
    The misty figures of the trees through the fog are very ghost like and ethereal. I love how many shades of gold you managed to register with this and I think you controlled the flare of the sunrise on the cloud bank with near perfection. Couldn't think of a thing to suggest for improving it. This must have been a very satisfying trip for you artistically Emily. :D
  • 02-22-2006, 11:29 PM
    payn817
    I like it, but can't put into words why. It reminds me of that blue thing people were going through last year... cyanotype I think.
  • 02-23-2006, 07:16 AM
    Chunk
    I like the mood you caught. What I usually do on pics like this is put the sun behind the top of one of the trees and meter on or close to the sun putting the trees more in silhouette.
  • 02-23-2006, 06:08 PM
    julsoph
    CLK, payn & Chunk...thank you guys for your thoughts and comments...:)

Chunk...I know what you're saying...I had a hard time positioning the sun on these, because I was taking these as my hubby was driving, so I had to quick snap some off. :) Hopefully one of these days, I'll drag myself out of bed and catch a sunrise that I can take some time on! Hehe. Thanks again!

Emily
  • 02-23-2006, 06:15 PM
    dbutler
    I like it too. Very dreamy (I'm into dreamy right now!). I love the gold. I like it that the trees aren't in full silhouette. Makes it seem so much like the colors extended all the way through the image.
  • 02-23-2006, 06:18 PM
    julsoph
    D, thanks for your thoughts on this as well...:) The dreaminess is what appealed to me about the fog there.

Emily