Sunrise

Printable View

• 10-21-2013, 08:34 PM
    arne saknussen
    Sunrise
    I like this shot, but I'm not sure if I am biased by the occasion.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...ps006bc5f8.jpg
  • 10-21-2013, 09:32 PM
    mattb
    Re: Sunrise
    I like it too. Nice minimal composition, good color. But I wish the moon was sharp.
    My eye is drawn to the moon and then it tries to focus but can't.
  • 10-27-2013, 07:27 PM
    GB1
    Arne - At first it did not display, but does now. (???)

Looks simplistic. Such shows often work. However, I'm not sure I like the amt of water it is showing.. seems more would be better, or just eliminate it altogether, but if you keep it definitely fix that tilt it has.

The color's dramatic, but I can't help but feel it's artificially enhance?

G
  • 10-28-2013, 07:47 PM
    arne saknussen
    I appreciate the comments. This was not enhanced, though I can understand why you would think it was. I took the shot because of the colors, which I don't recall ever witnessing before.
    It was taken as I was approaching France in an airplane at sunrise. Thus, the slant might be the Earth's curvature, though I understand your point about straightening it. I would have loved for the moon to be sharp, but, through a window, moving, etc.....

I question a shot like this because there is an emotional context for me, but, is there anything for someone that didn't share the experience? I based posting this shot on the colors that were natural (in fact, I had just awakened and was awed by scene, I had to remind myself to get the shot), yet something unique to me.