Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Sunrise and Fog

Sunrise and Fog

Okay, this one is definitely iffy for me...but I'll put it out there anyhow. This was taken in FL also, as we were leaving for our drive, at sunrise.

Emily
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sunrise and Fog-sunrise-fog.jpg  

Love + Music + Photography = Life CLKunst's Avatar

Re: Sunrise and Fog

The misty figures of the trees through the fog are very ghost like and ethereal. I love how many shades of gold you managed to register with this and I think you controlled the flare of the sunrise on the cloud bank with near perfection. Couldn't think of a thing to suggest for improving it. This must have been a very satisfying trip for you artistically Emily.
    C.L. Kunst - CLicKs Photography
    Asheville Photographer
    www.clicksphotography.net

I like it, but can't put into words why. It reminds me of that blue thing people were going through last year... cyanotype I think.

I like the mood you caught. What I usually do on pics like this is put the sun behind the top of one of the trees and meter on or close to the sun putting the trees more in silhouette.
    ----------------------------

CLK, payn & Chunk...thank you guys for your thoughts and comments...

Chunk...I know what you're saying...I had a hard time positioning the sun on these, because I was taking these as my hubby was driving, so I had to quick snap some off. Hopefully one of these days, I'll drag myself out of bed and catch a sunrise that I can take some time on! Hehe. Thanks again!

Emily

I like it too. Very dreamy (I'm into dreamy right now!). I love the gold. I like it that the trees aren't in full silhouette. Makes it seem so much like the colors extended all the way through the image.
    Dee
    www.amomentisforever.com

I'm leaving my husband for my D3X! I'm in love!!!

Please, feel free to edit the images I submit for critique. I'm a visual kind of gal!

D, thanks for your thoughts on this as well... The dreaminess is what appealed to me about the fog there.

Emily

Thread Information