Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Inside an Iroquois Log Cabin

One in a series of shots I took of a Log Cabin on exhibit at an Iroquois museum I had visited over the weekend with my girl. Great museum with lots of artifacts and paintings and craft work. We loved the feel inside this cabin as we stood inside with only light from outside entering through dorrway and windows. It had stairs going up to a secnd level but was blocked off.
    Having been there, I can say this shot really captures the mood inside, but how does this look to everyone else. Shot with a 28-75mm zoom at about 30mm. No tripod with me at the time so had to hold camera on a wood post.
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Inside an Iroquois Log Cabin-iroquoisloghouse0704-340104xweb.jpg  
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

The furniture seems at odds with the structure. You know that it's newer (relatively speaking), and the cabin is obviously not. Although we used to drive thru an Indian reservation on our way to camping, and this kind of thing was a common sight. Once you get back into the woods, you'd see really old trailers with newer cars and satalite dishes on top.

Anyway. I like this, I think I'd like it more in black and white though. Reminds me of the pictures in those books you can buy about the history of whatever.

adina

Thanks for your time to comment. Yes, the furniture is at odds with the style and age of this cabin. We had just liked the atmosphere that was here with the light of day entering through the open doors and cloth covered windows. I took a series of shots from here, and I had experimented with converting to b&w and do like it better .Thanks again for your feedback
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Thread Information