Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Streetlight

Streetlight

Took this one today and not sure what I think about it. I'd like to get more context, but it's a narrow, curvy, canyon road with parked cars on the other side of the street. As it is, I had to put markers down in the street for my tripod, then run out between cars and take it.

Still, I might go back tomorrow with the wide angle and see what I can do.

Thoughts?

"Photography as a fad is well-nigh on its last legs, thanks principally to the bicycle craze."

-- Alfred Stieglitz
    The American Annual of Photography, 1897

L.A. Landscapes

Re: Streetlight

I like the subject and the composition, but I am an electrician. I think you did a nice job creating the star effect, which I like too. You might try putting something at the base of the pole to add another element.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    You might try putting something at the base of the pole to add another element.
    Hahaha. If this was roadbikereview, I'd put my bike in the shot. I was just joking around with my wife about that.
    "Photography as a fad is well-nigh on its last legs, thanks principally to the bicycle craze."

-- Alfred Stieglitz
    The American Annual of Photography, 1897

L.A. Landscapes

I think a bike would work.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

MB1

The colors are nice, the exposure is right there but there is nothing of interest in the lower 2/3 of the image and not enough in the top 1/3 to make up for the lack.

I don't know what you could place on the bottom to improve things-perhaps some people or pets or kids. A bike would only work for bike geeks.

MB1
    Bike Geek
    No, I DON'T need that.

Thread Information