Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the steampunk

Re: the steampunk

Quote Originally Posted by gahspidy
    Wow, and holy Crap! Did you have help with spell check or are you just that good

Hey, can I use your description in my resume?

Thanks!
    :lol: In American I think you would say "Fill your boots" Hope that's not an insult!

Yes did check the spelling got two characters right, the first and the last :lol:

As OldClicker said check the copyright first, but Disney won a case where defended itself from a copyright suit claiming the word was used prior to the film and the manuscript of the suing team. That does not mean they haven't copyrighted the word since.

Roger R.
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Quote Originally Posted by OldClicker
    You might want to check the copywtite on that first. TF
    Ha, good point, but I'm really just kidding about using it. However, now that you mention copyright a lawsuit from Disney could only help me I'm feelin. . .
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Quote Originally Posted by readingr
    :lol: In American I think you would say "Fill your boots" Hope that's not an insult!

Yes did check the spelling got two characters right, the first and the last :lol:

Roger R.
    No insult at all! Actually I think thats more a mid west thang. We in the East especially in or near the city usually just say Awesome, or I'm hearing a lot from the younger ones "Sweet!".

gary

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frog
    I want one of those for my Nikon. Actually was thinking yesterday that I wish they had one with which I could change aperture and shutter speed.

As for the party, does it matter if the model is ugly?
    Had a Chinon CP7 in the 80s that did that in the camera. Could set it to shoot at anything from every second to many hours. Loved the feature but Chinon wasn't exactly a reliabe camera though it was just fine when it worked.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

It annoys me to no end that Gahs has a better face for photgraphing than I. Oh well. I will soldier on.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gahspidy
    I'm pretty sure nikon has one as well. These little gadgets, although expensive are very convenient and can allow for alot of experimenting, not just self portraits but time lapse photography, getting in on shots with family and have multiple pics taken, etc.
    worth a look into
    Nikon doesn't but Opteka does http://opteka.com/optekatimerremotec...lrcameras.aspx
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Love + Music + Photography = Life CLKunst's Avatar

Well this thread kind of wandered!

Gary,

I really like this one but after looking at it a few times I think the crop is a little crowded. I also don't see the point of binoculars in a black room. You have so many cool spots with industrialized decay that you could shoot this at. Maybe the True Evil 2 photo spoiled me a bit, the outfit and look you've totally nailed but I think this guy needs a little more story in his background.

Now what's all this talk about a Hell Party? :devil:
    C.L. Kunst - CLicKs Photography
    Asheville Photographer
    www.clicksphotography.net

Quote Originally Posted by Frog
    Hey Frog, this is a lot cheaper than the Canon and looks like it has a version for many different camera manufacturers and models. Looks like it does the same thing as my Canon programmable remote.
    One thing also i like better about this is the use of AAA batteries. I believe my Remote uses some odd disc type cell. Which reminds me, I have to order a spare . . .

gary

Quote Originally Posted by CLKunst
    Well this thread kind of wandered!

Gary,

I really like this one but after looking at it a few times I think the crop is a little crowded. I also don't see the point of binoculars in a black room. You have so many cool spots with industrialized decay that you could shoot this at. Maybe the True Evil 2 photo spoiled me a bit, the outfit and look you've totally nailed but I think this guy needs a little more story in his background.

Now what's all this talk about a Hell Party? :devil:
    thanks for the ideas Cindy. Actually, I am hoping to reshoot this one again sometime in the near future. I have a seriously cool steampunk Ring on the way and i really wanted it included in the shot.
    I'll keep in mind a location setting. this was pretty much experimenting but the result was well and so I held on to this one.
    These and more are actually in a portfolio competition I am involved in and the link is belwo in my sig.
    The party in hell thing is coming from an inside joke so to speak which started from a thread in which the photographer had mentioned he googled photoshopping and found it to be borderline unethical. So, those of us that do photoshop have been joking that were going to hell, and thus the party in hell.
    You can come down if you like. . .were really not that bad.

gary

Again, great photo !

Love the texture of the fabrics, the details in the skin and the crazy " just got through a tornado" hair style , I guess that' why you're wearing googles ?

Love + Music + Photography = Life CLKunst's Avatar

The party in hell thing is coming from an inside joke so to speak which started from a thread in which the photographer had mentioned he googled photoshopping and found it to be borderline unethical. So, those of us that do photoshop have been joking that were going to hell, and thus the party in hell.
    You can come down if you like. . .were really not that bad.
    Hmph! Well if that's true then Lucas, Spielberg, Cameron, and Jackson probably aren't real film makers either. I'm in. :thumbsup:
    C.L. Kunst - CLicKs Photography
    Asheville Photographer
    www.clicksphotography.net

Quote Originally Posted by CLKunst
    Hmph! Well if that's true then Lucas, Spielberg, Cameron, and Jackson probably aren't real film makers either. I'm in. :thumbsup:
    We a pure evil! Come on Gary say it proudly! WE ARE PURE EVIL ha!

Canon XSi
    Canon EF-S 17-85mm IS USM
    Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS
    1. "A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words."Ansel Adams
    2. "Photography is more than a medium for factual communication of ideas. It is a creative art."Ansel Adams

I see you uploaded the SteamPunk and PureEvil to the self-portrait portfolio :thumbsup: ....as I said before kick @ss pics Gary.

Canon XSi
    Canon EF-S 17-85mm IS USM
    Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS
    1. "A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words."Ansel Adams
    2. "Photography is more than a medium for factual communication of ideas. It is a creative art."Ansel Adams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information