Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Warrior

Warrior

Taken at Blenheim Palace.

Any critique gratefully received.

Roger R.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Warrior-_b9a4985.jpg  
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

GB1

Re: Warrior

Roger - Good to see you posting again (anyone posting for that matter).

I really like the concept and the choice of subject. The plain sky also works here. My one complaint is the amount of subject matter: good amt of shield, but I really want to see more of his right shoulder (on the image's left). It just seems too cut off as is. One of those subjective things, I suppose.

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Wow, that seems like a brilliant picture.

I love the contrast, it's so vivid and enchanting!

I can only imagine the thoughts that went in your mind while you were clicking this picture.

Good job!

Thanks, GB and Dave,

This is a statue in Blenheim Palace near Oxford UK. The picture was taken with a 100-400mm zoom lying on my back looking upwards. Next time I will use the 24-70 zoom and try again next time I go there. I'll also try and pick a drier day :-)

Roger R.
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital

The plain sky also works here. It's beautiful..

Should have included the shoulders. It looks as if the arms are just floating.

Beautiful shot. Dry days are always best when laying on the ground . My only criticism has already been discussed. A bit more of the subject shield. As it stands I did not recognize it and that adds so much to the meaning of the photo. Thanks for sharing.

Decent shot!

All,

Apologies for not responding sooner but work has gotten in the way.

Thanks for the feedback and I intend on getting back there to retake at some point.

Roger R/

DSLR
    Digital

Since there's nothing in the sky worth seeing, this one is crying out desperately for a properly exposed subject.
    "Photography as a fad is well-nigh on its last legs, thanks principally to the bicycle craze."

-- Alfred Stieglitz
    The American Annual of Photography, 1897

L.A. Landscapes

beautiful job!

Thread Information