Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Not on a Sunday

GB1

Not on a Sunday

C&Cs welcome.

GB

Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: Not on a Sunday

Very graphic image. The colours give it another dimension because I have no clue what they are. without the colours it would be an open door and light shining to a dark area. I think the colours give it more intrigue. my only critique would be I wish the light was a straight line instead of having that dark area in the bottom left where the straightness is broken.
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

Are you up on a landing looking down a this ? The perspective is a bit different, but with that dark area Liban mentioned I feel this is probably the optimum presentation. Is the dark area top/left darkened further in PP any detail here would detract I feel from the primary POI
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

Very interesting shot Greg. I like the colors and my mind endlessly tries to figure out what made them. I wish the light continued all the way at the bottom, that dark cutout dead center takes away IMO, my mind tries to figure out what’s blocking the light, which I think distracts me from the beauty of the lights and textures. I would also clone out that tiny strip of light in the upper left corner.

Intriguing image and title. I agree with Liban et al. Continuing the light area down to the bottom of the frame would require some careful cloning, but it can be done. Very cool shot.

GB1

Thanks all. This is a church fellows! Hence the title, as one could never be inside a church shooting with a tripod on a Sunday.

I see what you all mean about the broken continuity of the light. Dray, you are right that it is possible to fix, but I would need a good strategy to pull that off. I'm afraid that it wouldn't look right without a wiz bang effort.

As for post here, I did remove a very odd half circle of light behind the wood bench vertical that stood out like a sore thumb, and I also magic wand'ed a few small dots of light on the wood. That little color of light in the upper left would be easy to remove.

Here's another shot to show you how the entire scene looked (the original was not a crop of this one, but an entirely separate image). Great HDR candidate, I think.

I was just standing there with my tripod btw - no creative angle

G

Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.

My Site

Thread Information