Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: golden booth

golden booth

Oregon coast sunset with a cannon power shot

This is my first post so I will introduce myself to this nice forum. While I spent four years with a basic SLR shooting and studying black and white and developing and processing my own film I now only use my little cannon PowerShot. photography is only a small hobby of mine these days but I do enjoy getting up every few months and driving somewhere while it's still dark and shooting random locations when the sun rises. You can check out a whole lot of the other stuff i do at www.tylertinsley.com

darn i used the wrong title for this post here is the image that goes with the title
    Last edited by TylerTinsley; 05-28-2007 at 09:05 PM.

Re: golden booth

I like the composition on them both. These are good for P&S. You don't see many Phone Booths any more do you? I like how you blocked the sun behind the pole. A technique I like to try.
    And welcome to PR. I hope you post more.....
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Tha phone booth photo is very interesting. There are some lovely light effects on the glass. That one glass pane with the grass blade in front would make a neat study.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I like the contrast in the sunrise but might crop some off the right.
    The phone booth is great and I agree with the above statements on it.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Tyler, I'd crop it a little tighter to eliminate the pole on the right side, and clone out those telephone wires. As it stands now, those elements distract from what is potentially a very nice shot. I have no nitpicks with the first shot. Very nicely composed and executed.
    John

Thread Information