Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: space.

space.

Here's a recent shot of mine. B & W Film(400). All work done in the darkroom.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails space.-space.jpg  

WARNING Takes Random Pictures MonkeyWrench's Avatar

Re: space.

My guess is this is the reflection of a pole and room in a mirror? Dun know. Were you happy with the scan? I have had horrible luck scanning BW photos. I am taking a BW class starting next week and will get to process my own film. I was hoping to share some pictures here. As for your picture I need more info to appreciate it. But I did take several minutes just trying to figure out what I was looking at.

GB1

F-15 - Sorry, but I'm not sure I get it. What's going on here? To me, the horizontal line destroys any aesthetic value of the shot that comes from the off-center X.

gb
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyWrench
    My guess is this is the reflection of a pole and room in a mirror? Dun know. Were you happy with the scan? I have had horrible luck scanning BW photos. I am taking a BW class starting next week and will get to process my own film. I was hoping to share some pictures here. As for your picture I need more info to appreciate it. But I did take several minutes just trying to figure out what I was looking at.

Not a reflection. It's at night on top of a parking garage in a city I live in.

I have a pretty nice photo scanner, but unless you pay thousands, and not even completely then, you can't get the exact copy, it always downgrades.

F-15 - Sorry, but I'm not sure I get it. What's going on here? To me, the horizontal line destroys any aesthetic value of the shot that comes from the off-center X.

gb
    Does the above reply answer you questions? As far as the line goes, I can't decide if I like it or not, it follows the golden rule, but it might still be too much.

Regardless, It's an unavoidable line, unless I wanted to Photoshop it out, but I don't like photoshopping my B & W film photos, I like keeping all work done in the darkroom.

I think I like this thing where you guys had to look at it a while and really think about what it might be, I've gotton that from the beginning, from showing friends in the darkroom, to here.

Peace.

This is a very intriguing image. It certainly makes one wonder what it may be and what it may mean to the photographer. i agree that the horizontal line detracts from the oveall aesthetic appeal of the image, but i think i can live with it as i view this and try to fathom it's infinite potentials. good stuff.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Thread Information