space.

Printable View

• 06-17-2007, 09:50 AM
    F-15_Flyer
    1 Attachment(s)
    space.
    Here's a recent shot of mine. B & W Film(400). All work done in the darkroom.
  • 06-17-2007, 01:33 PM
    MonkeyWrench
    Re: space.
    My guess is this is the reflection of a pole and room in a mirror? Dun know. Were you happy with the scan? I have had horrible luck scanning BW photos. I am taking a BW class starting next week and will get to process my own film. I was hoping to share some pictures here. As for your picture I need more info to appreciate it. But I did take several minutes just trying to figure out what I was looking at.
  • 06-17-2007, 04:09 PM
    GB1
    F-15 - Sorry, but I'm not sure I get it. What's going on here? To me, the horizontal line destroys any aesthetic value of the shot that comes from the off-center X.

gb
  • 06-17-2007, 08:35 PM
    F-15_Flyer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyWrench
    My guess is this is the reflection of a pole and room in a mirror? Dun know. Were you happy with the scan? I have had horrible luck scanning BW photos. I am taking a BW class starting next week and will get to process my own film. I was hoping to share some pictures here. As for your picture I need more info to appreciate it. But I did take several minutes just trying to figure out what I was looking at.

Not a reflection. It's at night on top of a parking garage in a city I live in.

I have a pretty nice photo scanner, but unless you pay thousands, and not even completely then, you can't get the exact copy, it always downgrades.

Quote:

F-15 - Sorry, but I'm not sure I get it. What's going on here? To me, the horizontal line destroys any aesthetic value of the shot that comes from the off-center X.

gb
    Does the above reply answer you questions? As far as the line goes, I can't decide if I like it or not, it follows the golden rule, but it might still be too much.

Regardless, It's an unavoidable line, unless I wanted to Photoshop it out, but I don't like photoshopping my B & W film photos, I like keeping all work done in the darkroom.

I think I like this thing where you guys had to look at it a while and really think about what it might be, I've gotton that from the beginning, from showing friends in the darkroom, to here.

Peace.
  • 06-18-2007, 12:53 AM
    gahspidy
    This is a very intriguing image. It certainly makes one wonder what it may be and what it may mean to the photographer. i agree that the horizontal line detracts from the oveall aesthetic appeal of the image, but i think i can live with it as i view this and try to fathom it's infinite potentials. good stuff.