sorting candy

Printable View

• 09-14-2012, 10:07 PM
    n8
    1 Attachment(s)
    sorting candy
    The title is misleading, but that's what we were doing at the moment. Snapped this real quick with my new 85 1.8, and my to-be-replaced d7000 (replaced with a new d7k...see my nikon service thread). Anyway, not a great representation of the lenses abilities considering it was iso 3200 and hit with a film sim, but worthy of some opinions either way.
  • 09-15-2012, 08:02 AM
    armando_m
    Re: sorting candy
    beautiful portrait !!!

Treatment goes really well with the image

I might only try to reduce the dark spot in her nose right by the eye
  • 09-15-2012, 09:50 AM
    Justan
    There is a speck of something and a dark shadow by her left eye. The perfectionist in me would remove those but otherwise it is a beautiful portrait.
  • 09-15-2012, 11:26 AM
    n8
    Good call on the shadow or whatever it is. The speck is a mole ;)
  • 09-15-2012, 03:20 PM
    Ptax
    It's a bit too yellow for my taste. Might be my monitor. I would leave the "speck". Have you converted to b/w and given it a look see. I do like the atmosphere of the image.
  • 09-16-2012, 10:00 PM
    GB1
    1 Attachment(s)
    N8,

The yellow doesn't bother me, but I think a sepia tone would work better. What slightly bothers me is the bright area on her left check that's a bit devoid of detail, but I think her eyes make up for it. Nice capture - have you considered a vignette? Here's an example. I also added a touch of orange. I think the shallow DOF and her eyes looking down like that has a Grapes of Wrath, Depression era feeling - a very good thing!

- GB