Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: A Boat or Two

PRB

A Boat or Two

My love for others is NOT conditional on their meeting my standards.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: A Boat or Two

I've seen similar situation but haven't been able to capture as well as you did here.
    I would crop the top to just above the closest bush and make it into a pano.
    That may or may not require a bit of crop at the bottom to just below the lawn chair but whatever happens don't lose the lawnchair.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Lovely shot with a wonderful array of colours in great light. I appreciate Frogs idea concerning a pano but I feel that what you have provided here is correct and I would hate to loose sight of that very nice tree backdrop.
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

very nice prb, I too would crop a bit of the top. and maybe the right if you wanna keep the aspect ratio. I also love the positioin of the bench. very nicely done.
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

PRB

Thank you Frog, Tom and Liban. I appreciate your taking the time to view and comment. Your input always fortifies me to keep on keeping on.

My Best to You,
    Penny

What a lovely shot! There are so many things about it that I like. The boats have this amazing glow about them. How'd you do that? And I love that you were able to retain what I feel is just enough detail in the trees. Like Frog and Liban, I would be curious to see it cropped. That said, I kind of like the full backdrop, as it definitely adds an element of mystery and a sense of scale and perspective.

A picture is a present you give yourself shootme's Avatar

Great shot PRB, love the strength in the photo did you do HD?, I'd probably crop some from the top, though I also like it as is. S
    :thumbsup: Shootme...

Please don't edit and re-post or use my images (not that you'd want to anyway...). without my written permission. Thank you

PRB

Thanks dray and s --- this was shot in what I call "God light" because its better than just good light. No HD necessary in this kind of light. I search and wait for this and, it never lasts for more than about 4 minutes. Throughout the seasons of the year I have found this kind of light at 11:30 in the morning, sometimes around 3:40, and again, around 5:50 in the afternoon. This is different than sunrise--sunset light.

You have to be out everyday searching for pretty scenery and taking notice of the light in order to "get the hang" of this. I've done landscape photography for over 30 years and have learned a lot but, I still learn something new all the time. That's why I keep coming here to gain strength and knowledge from you folks, as well as, share what I've found that works for me.

Again, I thank you for your kind comments and for your encouragement.

My Best to You,
    Penny

Thread Information