Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Sleepy

Sleepy

Continuing to experiment with the Nikon J1. This time with the 18.5mm f/1.8 at f/1.8 and ISO 3200 and 1/80. Converted it to b&w adjusted the contrast, sharpened, and used the burn tool.

Sleepy-puppysleepyface.jpg

Re: Sleepy

Real cutie, composition, focus, and exposure just about spot on, that white fur can really blow out if you're not careful. For you next shot I would suggest trying brush that hair away in front of the left eye. As you said you're model is a bit sleepy but next time you could possibly try to get the mouth slightly open and a tiny bit of tongue showing like a smile. Great subject for future work but that white coat is going to be tricky out in the sun to get the exposure right.
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

Hello there. Great photo. Is that your Dog for real?

I dont have much to say, I really liked the comp. In the left side I can see a little bit of underexposure, but thats all.

I'd like to know why did you use such high ISO. What about the noise?

Rafael

Quote Originally Posted by hminx View Post
    Real cutie, composition, focus, and exposure just about spot on.... Great subject for future work but that white coat is going to be tricky out in the sun to get the exposure right.
    Thanks. It's our new puppy. He was sleeping hard and I caught him when he brought up his head for a moment. Don't worry, there will be more photos to come.

Quote Originally Posted by rafageounb View Post
    Hello there. Great photo. Is that your Dog for real?

I dont have much to say, I really liked the comp. In the left side I can see a little bit of underexposure, but thats all.

I'd like to know why did you use such high ISO. What about the noise?

Rafael
    Thanks. Yes, that is my puppy. I was trying out a new Nikon J1 and 18.5mm f/1.8 lens. The ISO is because is was nearly dark. Indoors about 9:00 pm with an indoor ceiling light or two. I was curious what the little new camera could do at 3200.

Thread Information