Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Cat Study...Complete Series

I have been putting this series together for the better part of a year now. I have taken over 250 images. Who knows how many really. These are the 7 that I chose. They are not all from the same camera, or even the same skill level, but they were all taken for the same purpose.

Crits are welcome.

John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Re: Cat Study...Complete Series

Flippin hell Almo these are fantastic; I have not seen cats photographed this way before and your timing is excellent. I actually got a bit of a fright when I saw the first one. It has great impact and is also a bit spooky.
    very beautiful images.
    Tom
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Almo,

Wonderful series as I said in the VF thread. These pictures work so well as a series, and I think you captured many aspects and personalities of a cat. Great color work, and just a great series! Love the last one!

Jared

Quote Originally Posted by Overbeyond
    Flippin hell Almo these are fantastic; I have not seen cats photographed this way before and your timing is excellent. I actually got a bit of a fright when I saw the first one. It has great impact and is also a bit spooky.
    very beautiful images.
    Tom
    Tank you so much Tom. I havn't had such a great responce to my images in quite sometime. I just recently stepped up to a digi SLR system, and I feel that my photography has improved vastly in that short time since I got it. I just hope that you like the next series as much as the first!
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Quote Originally Posted by jar_e
    Almo,

Wonderful series as I said in the VF thread. These pictures work so well as a series, and I think you captured many aspects and personalities of a cat. Great color work, and just a great series! Love the last one!

Jared
    Thanks Jared. I worked for a long time to come up with these images. Too long really, but I am never satisfied with my own work and it is hard for me to just be finished with anything. It's really quite nice to have a block of work that I know is DONE and that I can show off as a finished bit of photographic art.

Thanks again!
    John Cowan
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Quote Originally Posted by almo
    Thanks Jared. I worked for a long time to come up with these images. Too long really, but I am never satisfied with my own work and it is hard for me to just be finished with anything. It's really quite nice to have a block of work that I know is DONE and that I can show off as a finished bit of photographic art.

Thanks again!

Almo,

The series for this is key. Each picture refelcts and supports each other. Not to discredit you, but some of those pictures wouldn't be that effective on their own. But to have them all together, just superb!

Jared

Thread Information