• 11-03-2004, 01:31 AM
    gahspidy
    1 Attachment(s)
    SilverMine Lake N.Y. in Autumn
    This lake is in the Seven Lakes area of N.Y near Bear Mountain. Lots of nice scenery around these parts. How do you feel about this shot. Thanks
  • 11-03-2004, 04:53 AM
    jekl
    Re: SilverMine Lake N.Y. in Autumn
    I like it a lot!
    Nice colors, good composition.
    Maybe one thing: some more detail on the house. On my screen there is very little detail there, but maybe that's just on my monitor.

Nevertheless a very good picture to my opinion.
  • 11-03-2004, 06:19 AM
    Chunk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gahspidy
    This lake is in the Seven Lakes area of N.Y near Bear Mountain. Lots of nice scenery around these parts. How do you feel about this shot. Thanks

Couldn't this be taken looking out of the cabin?:D Just kidding.

I think you have two shots here with the left half being an interesting and beautiful shot strengthened by the reflection, nice leading in by the stream, and good color throughout while the right half of the shot is just not that interesting. If the cabin and lawn were a smaller part of the shot or the time of day had the cabin better lit, I think it would be a lot stronger.
  • 11-03-2004, 07:50 AM
    shesells
    Gary, that spot is very interesting, and you have shown the beauty in your photograph, but that cabin seems to interrupt the flow of the picture. I thought it was because it was too dark, but when I lightened the cabin and shadow to show more detail, it still didnt help. I think its just not an interesting bldg., too big and bulky. Not your fault! I feel like it's in the way of a beautiful scene. Chunk put it nicer, but ... the left side=fantastic! right side=take a bulldozer to the building then it would be better. lol
    Kit
  • 11-03-2004, 09:50 AM
    gahspidy
    Thanks Jekl, Chunk, and SheSells,
    I knew the lack of detail on the house would be an issue, although for some reason it does not bother me. But the lighting was such where it was shaded and no ps will bring out what is not there. Chunk, i see your point about having two pictures in here. btw, lol funny about looking out from inside.:) There were several shacks and structures of different types all around this resort area and because it was off season , everything was locked! I was trying to get inside anyone of them in the worst way to further my series on view from within. Seems this was a ski area many years ago and there were abandoned ski-lift pulley and motorshacks. I did happen to crawl through some broken planks on one of them and got a View from within shot that i will post soon for your opinions
    Thanks again for your comments
  • 11-03-2004, 10:08 AM
    Lava Lamp
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gahspidy

Oooh, pretty! Looks like something out of National Geographic. The colors are so nicely saturated. What length length did you use?
  • 11-03-2004, 10:37 AM
    bobbythebandit
    Love the composition on this one, the river leading the eyes up and through the picture.Excellent.I agree with all the nice things that have already been said.
    Bobby
  • 11-03-2004, 11:32 PM
    gahspidy
    Bobby, thanks for the comments.
    Lava Lamp. . . I used my Tamron 28-75mm zoom with a polarizer. Had it at about 30mm. A great quality lens it is. also used Fuji Reala 100 film. thanks for the time to comment.
  • 11-06-2004, 09:06 PM
    Nina
    Wow Gary that picture looks great ! You should print and frame that one too...
  • 11-07-2004, 12:12 AM
    Hightree
    Very good. Nice angle and beautiful colours.

Cheers,
    Frank