Shy - A B&W Street Shot
    All comments/critique welcome.
  • 08-28-2004, 09:20 PM
    shesells
    Tuna...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuna
    All comments/critique welcome.

Your shot is extremely sad. I'll have to look again tomorrow, it's just too late and this is too deep.
    Kit
  • 08-28-2004, 09:52 PM
    fgottman
    Wow, what a shot. I like this very much. At first I wasn't sure about the positioning with the chain-link crossing on the left eye, but I think it helps to convey his emotion. I'm also a big fan of the way the lighting hits his face. Beautiful shot.
  • 08-28-2004, 11:48 PM
    plchung
    Hi Tuna,

this is a forceful image with strong impacts. As kit said it'a a bit said (than shy). Impressive!

alex
  • 08-29-2004, 12:43 PM
    stripesnspots
    I like the way the one eye that is visible really stands out.
  • 08-29-2004, 11:15 PM
    gahspidy
    Good , strong image. The fence in the foreground adds a nice dimension to the overall feel. I don't feel a sad mood from this at all. I had wanted to shoot some shots of kids playing in the park or school yard, but could not get up the nerve yet as I feel people would think it su****ious and call the police on me. :)
  • 08-30-2004, 02:17 PM
    opus
    Gary, I was at a water park this weekend and I wanted so badly to take some shots of kids playing in the water, but I was mostly too chicken for the reasons you said, and I'm a woman! I did get a couple shots, but felt too self-conscious to really get the shots I wanted. Happy children playing in splashing sunlit water would have been wonderful!

Tuna, I like this shot very much for all the reasons already mentioned.
  • 08-30-2004, 02:24 PM
    Charles Hess
    I'll echo the comments above. Exposure a little dark for my tastes, but still very, very good. NIce one.