The Setting Sun

Printable View

• 02-17-2014, 10:32 PM
    ksbryan0
    1 Attachment(s)
    The Setting Sun
    A light 3-frame HDR processing on this evening's sunset. Not sure if there is enough "wow" in the frame to do anything with, but at least I had fun making it!
    (Canon 7D, EF 70-200L IS, f/16, 1/100, ISO 800; handheld)
  • 02-17-2014, 11:45 PM
    hminx
    Re: The Setting Sun
    I think for a silhouette to hold its own in any photo the POI has to be something you don't see every day or is a bit out of the ordinary. This tree might make an arborist get a bit excited Ken but its not working for me sorry. It could also be that the bottom third seems to be non contributing negative space. I hope this waffle makes some sort of sense.
  • 02-18-2014, 02:09 PM
    GB1
    Ken, I would crop out the entire bottom 40% of the image, leave just enough to show the foreground (or middle ground) is beginning.

G
  • 02-19-2014, 01:40 PM
    Greg McCary
    I agree with GB1. Square crop it and lose most of the foreground
  • 02-19-2014, 10:20 PM
    ksbryan0
    Thanks guys, I figured that might be the consensus. Some of the vegetation in the lower section had some appeal, but the dark exposure doesn't do it justice.
  • 02-27-2014, 03:30 AM
    shaddisi23
    Why doesn't the Sun set in the West anymore? It's seems to accept been ambiance in the Northwest for the accomplished ages or so. It's either that or my abode has mysteriously angry on it's foundation and is absolution the ambiance sun appear through a window in the foreground ancillary of my house. Can anyone explain this?