Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Senior Portraits

I've been taking my friends' senior portraits in the last month or so. What do you think?

"Industrial" Tucker

Ranch Eilidh

Caleb @ Flagstaff

Noontime Alex
    Louis An Photography

--Canon Rebel XTi
    --18-55 mm EF
    --75-300 mm EF
    --10-17 mm fisheye
    --Adobe Photoshop CS3
    --Photomatix Pro

Re: Senior Portraits

for me...?...number1 not enough color/contrast...number2..i'd like to see her leaned back against the pole, at a body angle more right...arms crossed, same defiant look. Number 3 a tweak of levels adjustment. Number 4 ..the angle of bright sun is blowing out some here.
    Please ask to edit photos and I'll do the same! :thumbsup:
    Thx, Rod
    http://krimingerphotography.printroom.com

I like the monochrome feeling of the first picture. I think it's the best pose too. The girl just seems very out of place to me. Like she's too dressy to be standing next to a fence post out in the middle of nowhere. I get the feeling her car broke down and maybe she's hitchhiking or something. Just something off about it. The last two are okay, I prefer the dark-haired boys shot more than the blond one. The blond boy looks more like a snapshot than a photograph, too casual I guess. Anyways, those are my totally non-professional opinions. I love that you're doing something other than the standard studio portraits for senior pictures. I wish they had stuff like that when I was a senior, but I don't think anyone even thought of it.
    Amanda - Full-time mom, part-time picture-taker

i like the first one too. however, would one have to have the WHOLE photo rather than a cut off ? i am thinking of doing some photos of my best friends daughter and want some help please.

agree with the second one. doesn't fit the scene at all. she seems very pretty and the photo has me looking at almost everything but her.

i can see the critique for the other 2. will try to take that with me when i try to do something for my friend.

of course none will come out like the professional and you one have one senior photo opportunity but i am hoping that he will let me have a go just for the experience (and then get the job done properly later)

:blush2: :blush2:

i would leave the first one as it is, it is great..think about the second one, maybe a different pose, although i like it already as it is...redo the third and the fourth ones, they come a little bit like snapshopts compared to the first two.

Thread Information