Schoolyard

Printable View

• 06-19-2006, 07:31 PM
    Tuna
    Schoolyard
  • 06-19-2006, 07:56 PM
    PlantedTao
    Re: Schoolyard
    I like the expression of the youth in this photo, I wish you would have been closer however. The elements in this photo just don't hold my attention. There is a little bit too much wall and school. I do like the movement of the child in the background, this adds a bit to keep my eye moving.
    This photo just doesn't get me like most of your work...a good moment captured, but it is not holding my interest. Is this one of your older photos?

Cheers.
  • 06-19-2006, 08:49 PM
    GB1
    Its a good shot but like Tao said, perhaps a little closer. The kid makes the shot, but he is so small compared to the rest of it... You want to see more. I'd crop out about half the bottom wall. Seems stronger w/o so much blockage.

GB
  • 06-23-2006, 06:16 AM
    Yoyo Szeto
    Hi Tuna,
    The shot has your off-beat signature. A lot of contemplation.
    yoyo
  • 06-24-2006, 04:41 AM
    Overbeyond
    He is happy and proud for you to photograph his school. "This is my school".
    But what is that other rascal up to running out from behind the bush; trying to mess up your photographic effort or has he just nicked the exam papers from the heads office while his friend keeps you entertained. A nice amusing shot Tuna.
    Tom
  • 06-24-2006, 07:37 AM
    gahspidy
    Tuna, the overall aesthetics of this image is pleasing, with it's contrasty tones and rich b&w. I like the framing, and that you left an opening at the left allowing the scene to open up and breathe. I agree the image might be stronger with the child nearer, but his moment is working well.