GB1
    1 Attachment(s)
    Santa Fe house
    Shot in Santa Fe, NM.

Comments are appreciated. GB
  • 02-26-2006, 11:50 AM
    drg
    Re: Santa Fe house
    The first thing that unfortunatly catchs my eye is the roof beams coming out in the upper left of the photo. There are not enough or too many of them and they feel out of proportion to the rest of the scene.

The rest of the photo with its muted tones and good contrasting flower colors has a welcoming essence to it. The door is one we are about to open and enter. The sunlight dappling on the flowers in the lower right finishes the photo, though I'd like to see the path a little lighter to bring up the detail in the stones and the rocks of the flower bed.

The rafters just really jump at me somehow, I'd almost like to see more roof line or none.
  • 02-26-2006, 01:04 PM
    walterick
    A tad too dark to me. I am really loving the textures of that door, and the walls! Fantastic!

I think you've got a great subject here. I would be interested in seeing more shots of if you have them.

Rick
  • 02-27-2006, 09:59 AM
    GB1
    Thanks for commenting. Drg, I know what you mean about the rafters. But unfortunately, I had to crop off the image from that point as there is bright sky and I think an antennea up there :( (it might look like an old building but I guess they wanted 21st century conveniences..). I think that having more of them would have been a good thing.

Rick, unfortunately this and one other is all I took. Now that you mention it I really should have walked around it and tried a few more angles and zoom focal lengths. It is a tad dark... maybe I should lighten it up and see how it looks.

Sante Fe is a neat place... a lot to photograph. For whatever reason though it seemed like there was always objects or people in the way wherever I went though. Maybe Xmas day is the best time to shoot it..........

GB
  • 02-27-2006, 11:10 AM
    Chunk
    I think it's a strong composition and I like all the old details. Being lit by that bright sky it has an overall blue tone and think it could use a color balance sliding toward yellow and red a bit, away from the blue and cyan.