Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: San Diego

San Diego

I will be going to San Diego, Monday or Tuesday I am leaving and I am driving. (Taking all of my cameras with me too!) So I may not be posting photos for a couple of weeks, but I will be able to use my brother's computer and visit here to look at photos. Just wanted everyone to know, I won't give up...but, I will be gone! LOL

Betty

P.S. Also trying to make up my mind if I want to come back to Wyoming via Denver, rather than the way I am going to San Diego, via Salt Lake City. I think it might be an opportunity to take lots of pictures....any thoughts. I will be driving by myself. Haven't been on a road trip, for fun that is, in a long time.
    "When you aim for perfection you discover it is a moving target".

- George Fisher -

Glad to hear you will be taking photos on your trip Betty! I'm so happy to hear you're going to stick with this site! I'll be looking forward to seeing lots of photos from you.

I've been to Denver and I bet there's a lot you would find interesting to shoot there. Which ever route you take, be safe and have fun!
    Lara

Quote Originally Posted by Lara
    Glad to hear you will be taking photos on your trip Betty! I'm so happy to hear you're going to stick with this site! I'll be looking forward to seeing lots of photos from you.

I've been to Denver and I bet there's a lot you would find interesting to shoot there. Which ever route you take, be safe and have fun!

I fell in love with Denver when I went to tech school there while in the Air Force, however that was 23 years ago and I have heard not so nice things about it. I love seeing places no matter what! I think I will go through as it might be a while before I get a chance to again!

Thanks for your thoughtful posts too!

Betty

- George Fisher -

Can you tell me where I would post this? While on my trip to San Diego I thought that during the times I stop to eat I would try to stop in areas where people eat outside. What is the protocol for taking pictures of people? One thing to take a picture of my nieces or nephews, another to take pictures of strangers. Is it a good or bad idea?

- George Fisher -

Denver is so nice! I haven't been back there for years. But I sure did love it when I was there.

Viewfinder is the "livingroom" of the site. In Viewfinder you will be more likely get answers for questions about photographing strangers. Since you posted it here though, keep an eye out for answer here too.

You're welcome about the posts! I got so much good feedback when I was concerned about the extremely few that post negative stuff, I'm comfortable now that I will be able to post without being intimidated.

I'm going to start slow in learning. So far, I have my eye on buying the Canon S500.
    Lara

Quote Originally Posted by Lara
    Denver is so nice! I haven't been back there for years. But I sure did love it when I was there.

Viewfinder is the "livingroom" of the site. In Viewfinder you will be more likely get answers for questions about photographing strangers. Since you posted it here though, keep an eye out for answer here too.

You're welcome about the posts! I got so much good feedback when I was concerned about the extremely few that post negative stuff, I'm comfortable now that I will be able to post without being intimidated.

I'm going to start slow in learning. So far, I have my eye on buying the Canon S500.
    Is the Canon S500 a digital or film camera? I have a Chinon SLR 35mm CP-7M and I am still learning about f-stops, aperture and all that neat tech stuff. I have "cheat notes" I keep in my car in a notebook.

Everyone here is very positive, that is what drew me to the site. I wasn't counting on that one and it totally took me by surprise.

I will go check out Viewfinders for help and keep an eye out here too.

Thank you!

Betty

- George Fisher -

Is the Canon S500 a digital or film camera? I have a Chinon SLR 35mm CP-7M and I am still learning about f-stops, aperture and all that neat tech stuff. I have "cheat notes" I keep in my car in a notebook.

The Canon S500 is digital Betty Much easier than working with film. My thoughts anyway. I admire your taking on film. From what I've seen of your shots so far, you're doing great!

Everyone here is very positive, that is what drew me to the site. I wasn't counting on that one and it totally took me by surprise.

Yep, the people here are wonderful and have a wealth of information to offer.

I will go check out Viewfinders for help and keep an eye out here too.

Thank you!
    You're most welcome. Any time I can be of help, don't hesitate to call on me! ...and of course call on PR members to help you with your photography!
    Lara

Thread Information