Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: rusty pole

rusty pole

is it interesting?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rusty pole-rusty_pole_and_fence_cropped_filtered_altered_lowres.jpg  

Stew,
    This is not bad. I like the colors and texture of this aging steel pole shackled with the locks and chains. Also like the aged wood fence with graffiti in background. Good framing too , I feel.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Good use of selective focus, we know there's grafitti there but our eye is led to the right side of the frame where it's sharpest. A little cloning in photoshop would take out the diagonal line on the upper right; it's a minor point but detracts a little. You wouldn't want to crop the edge off the grafitti though.

I like it.

Very cool "urbanscape" concept. You have a nice sense of composition here, as well as some nice color balance touches with the locks, etc.
    D200 = Digital F100
    I have achieved nirvana.

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    Good use of selective focus, we know there's grafitti there but our eye is led to the right side of the frame where it's sharpest. A little cloning in photoshop would take out the diagonal line on the upper right; it's a minor point but detracts a little. You wouldn't want to crop the edge off the grafitti though.
    Ya, I noticed that little bit too. I thought about cloning it out, and may still try it. But I'm also beginning to lean towards a more "purist" approach if possible... been influenced a little by OT's ideas. Thanks!

Intermediate member bobbythebandit's Avatar
    I agree with all the above but have a longing to see the whole scene from where this came.That makes it a good shoot if you have stirred my curiosity.
    Bobby

I Like It

Stew, I like everything about this image. I love the way you have allowed the chain to lead the eye into the area of focus and the clever use of the blured negative area with the graffiti on the wall. The main area of focus is sharp with very good tone, clarity and color saturation. IMHO just a very fine photogarph.

Thread Information