• 05-18-2014, 04:32 PM
    Greg McCary
    Rocks in Little River, Alabama
    It's been awhile since I posted here. I took this using a 10 stop ND filter let me know what you think.......

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2909/...cfea7815_b.jpgLittle River, Alabama by Cosmonaut's, on Flickr
  • 05-19-2014, 01:50 AM
    hminx
    Re: Rocks in Little River, Alabama
    Greg for me this shot is about the rocks and the water, the foliage in the back ground is a distraction. The foreground is awesome and possibly a tighter crop with that midstream rock at the top right thirds intersection. The tones are really nice as they are I feel, but I might be tempted to try just a tiny bit more contrast ( that's just a personal taste thing..:) )
  • 05-19-2014, 05:44 PM
    Lava Lamp
    My first thought was: "Throw a nice yellow oak leaf in the foreground water and you have a winner."

It's a cool shot and masterly done, but seems like it needs something in the foreground to me.
  • 05-20-2014, 02:55 AM
    Greg McCary
    Thanks LL. I have been known to find a nice leave to go on the rocks. A spot of color would help, thanks.....
  • 05-20-2014, 02:56 AM
    Greg McCary
    Pete that is a good idea. I was framing the shot with the foliage but I see that it needs to go. Here is a crop and added contrast, thanks.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5319/...77202561_b.jpgLittle River by Cosmonaut's, on Flickr
  • 05-20-2014, 03:05 AM
    hminx
    ^^ Thats a fraction tighter than I had in mind but I think I like your crop better.
  • 05-20-2014, 03:06 AM
    Greg McCary
    Thanks again Pete I can play with it some more. I do agree it's better.
  • 05-20-2014, 05:31 AM
    DMG
    Beautiful shot. The cropped version is lovely to me. This is inspiring as a newbie. Can't wait to get out there and try things like this.

Thank you for sharing it!
  • 05-20-2014, 05:55 PM
    Greg McCary
    Thanks DMG I used a Hoya 10 stop ND filter this is maybe a 15 second exposure.
  • 05-20-2014, 07:32 PM
    GB1
    Greg - Very relaxing. I do like the crop better. The original's background foliage also looks over-sharpened to me, and there might be a little of that where the rocks and water intersect too. You could fix that w/o too much grief (Corel Photo-Paint has a perfect tool for this very thing).

G
  • 05-21-2014, 06:22 PM
    armando_m
    really great image, I liked the 1st but the crop is certainly an improvement , personally I would have included the nice rocks under water to the left of the image

#1 has a couple of specs of dust to the left middle and a third down